Summer AM Tires

Aug. 26, 2011, 10:53 a.m.

So who has some experience on the Specialized Eskar. They seem plenty light. I'm just concerned they'll lack stability at the lower pressure I seem to ride @. 30# being aired up. It's really hard to give up the ridiculous traction of 2ply minions. Every single ply option seems a pretty serious compromise but I'm tired of the weight. I'm sure it shortens my rides and takes a lot of life out of the less gnarly fun trails. So. Anyone have positive shore experience on Eskars?

Aug. 26, 2011, 2:38 p.m.

I've been riding with the Eskars on my Enduro in the dry Okanagan. I would not recommend the Eskar out front, and several riding buddies agree. When even moderately pushed, the tire lets go suddenly and doesn't usually grab before the bike is on the ground. The Eskar is alright on the rear, although things get a little hairy when the trail gets loose and steep. On a more positive note, the tires do roll well, I've had only one pinch flat this season, the sidewalls have stood up to a bunch of rocky riding, and the tires are wearing well.

Aug. 26, 2011, 6:29 p.m.

I'm pretty stoked on my combination of Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.25 front and nobby nic 2.25 rear. snakeskins and TL-ready both. set up tubeless.

that said, DO NOT use the nobby nic on the front. horrifying on anything resembling moisture.

Check my stuff for sale!