stuck between a giant and a shore

Dec. 7, 2008, 6:27 a.m.

i have an opportunity to purchase a norco shore frame at a reasonable deal, but i also have a good deal on a full built giant glory 1… completely stuck between this decision.

anyone have any favorites and can you tell me why?

Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please dont worry now that I have gone
Ive gone beyond to see the truth

When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then youll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.

Dec. 7, 2008, 8:40 a.m.

which one has more seat tube?

I like FSR bikes, but I just can't buy a bike that you have to push uphill because your seat post is so short (and Titec scopers suck,) that you need to keep your knees around your ears so as not to demolish your shock.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 7, 2008, 9:55 a.m.

IMO the Glory is the better bike, i would go for the glory.

Life's not a bitch, Life is a beautiful woman, you just call her a bitch cause she wont let you get that pussy.

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:16 a.m.

I'd spend the extra and get a Demo.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:30 a.m.

I'd go for the glory.

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:36 a.m.

Personally, I'd take the Shore because…

1. The Shore is a great bike for all the riding that I do (North Shore, Whistler, etc.).

2. I managed to cut my seat post to a length that gave me enough adjustment that I could pedal and descend with so I'm not too stressed about the interrupted seat tube (although I agree that this is Norco's weak spot and they really should try to improve it). If I wanted to do more pedalling on it I would buy a telescopic post - I know plenty of people who use them quite happily.

3. I'm not certain but the Shore may be lighter. Last time I picked up a Glory it felt really heavy compared to my Shore.

4. The Shore uses an FSR suspension design.

5. Norco is a Canadian company.

I'm assuming you're talking about an '08 or '09 Shore otherwise all bets are off :)

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:39 a.m.

get the glory

Dec. 7, 2008, 10:59 a.m.

outa those 2 i'd go with the Glory…

but u are comparing a new BIKE with a new frame only… not really a fair comparision..

Dec. 7, 2008, 5:59 p.m.

I'd spend the extra and get a Demo.

yup, if not then the glory

Dec. 7, 2008, 6:52 p.m.

Ive saw a brand spanking new Norco team DH with a snapped front end sitting at the bottom of the Aline drop last summer.

We stopped and tried to help the poor guy on his rental( and he was the first guy to ever ride it)The weldings were SCARY looking on the inside.For that reason alone I would never ever buy a Norco product.

I usually avoid saying things like this about companies on public forums but I believe what I saw was outrageous IMO.I could live with a broken chainstay, cracked frame but could never trust a bike that might loose its fork at any time.You can tell me this was probably just one bad frame out of the bunch but to me what I saw ( along with a bunch of other riders ) was improper weldings/SERIOUS production issues that shouldn't have been addressed before releasing it to the mass market.

I've heard Giant ( and possibly Trek?) are made at the same factory than Specialized letting me to believe they have their shit together.

That being said, even if it wasnt of that one incident, I would still get the Glory.Its a super fun bike, rides really well, fast riding and solid frame IMO.Plus the people @ Giant Canada are great.Personally I would much rather support them.

Now I sense the flaming coming from Norco owners…:007:

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:49 p.m.

Personally I'd say definitely Giant Glory by a long shot.

Better bike, better spec for the money, better linkage design.

But… I always feel that what ultimately makes a good ride is how the Geometry fits your body and your style of riding. So above all else, let the feel decide, and unfortunately no one here can help you with figuring that out.

Dec. 7, 2008, 7:52 p.m.

I've heard Giant ( and possibly Trek?) are made at the same factory than Specialized letting me to believe they have their shit together.

That being said, even if it wasnt of that one incident, I would still get the Glory.Its a super fun bike, rides really well, fast riding and solid frame IMO.Plus the people @ Giant Canada are great.Personally I would much rather support them.

Now I sense the flaming coming from Norco owners…:007:

Giant actually is the one that owns the factories, and makes other peoples bikes. They are the largest bike manufacturer in the world. Not to mention that they own the aluminum company who's tubes they use, and the carbon fibre company. They definitely have got it together.

.:NSTP:.

Dec. 7, 2008, 8:35 p.m.

yeah u dont get any bigger then Giant..

they are truely a Giant in the industry..

Dec. 7, 2008, 11:01 p.m.

P
better linkage design.

How's that then ?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 7, 2008, 11:08 p.m.

its norco [HTML_REMOVED] specialixed all welded in the same factory?

i think trek might still be in the states

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.