Strictly XC/AM Summer Tire AKA replace my Nobby Nic

Jan. 16, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

And for more aggressive riding, the versatility of the High Roller 2 can't be beat.

i'm loving my hr2 performance-wise, but its wearing pretty quickly. i have around 20 rides on it as a front tire, and the casing is cracking, the side knobs starting to tear off. i'd heard the tire had durability issues but this is really disappointing

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 16, 2014, 5:29 p.m.

DHR2 front/Ikon 2.35 rear is a solid combo, in my experience. DHR2 side knobs seem better supported than the HR2, it rolls faster, is lighter, and seems to be wearing more slowly. This is in 29" flavour, haven't ridden other sizes.

Jan. 16, 2014, 5:38 p.m.

The 2.2 is my go-to XC rear tire, but I think it gets overwhelmed a little too quickly in loose corners. The 2.35 on the other hand is killer. Most of the speed of the 2.2 but more aggressive side lugs, and of course the added volume is welcome over rough trails at speed.

The 2.35 is a great tire.

DHR2 front/Ikon 2.35 rear is a solid combo, in my experience. DHR2 side knobs seem better supported than the HR2, it rolls faster, is lighter, and seems to be wearing more slowly. This is in 29" flavour, haven't ridden other sizes.

The DHR2 is my favourite tire for our area. Good at everything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jan. 17, 2014, 4:47 a.m.

i'm loving my hr2 performance-wise, but its wearing pretty quickly. i have around 20 rides on it as a front tire, and the casing is cracking, the side knobs starting to tear off. i'd heard the tire had durability issues but this is really disappointing

That's odd. 3C MaxxTerra? Might be from a bad batch. If your point of purchase won't replace it, contact the Tech Center; they should take care of you. Tel: (678 ) 376-4420
Tel: (866) 509-7067