Strava downhill segments decommissioned

Jan. 10, 2019, 12:02 p.m.

I expect that any segment times within 10-20 seconds of each other are essentially equal due to GPS variation, especially with phones, and even with GPS watches and or bike computers.

Jan. 10, 2019, 4:05 p.m.

Posted by: PaulB

I expect that any segment times within 10-20 seconds of each other are essentially equal due to GPS variation, especially with phones, and even with GPS watches and or bike computers.

This. KOM descents probably don't mean much (in general) but especially not for shorter trails. I've erroneously had a few in the WBP on 10min descent I am in the lucky to be even 50% up the board and thus can confirm I am in fact slow as fuck.

Jan. 10, 2019, 10:39 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

This. KOM descents probably don't mean much (in general) but especially not for shorter trails. I've erroneously had a few in the WBP on 10min descent I am in the lucky to be even 50% up the board and thus can confirm I am in fact slow as fuck.

Do you honestly have the gall to say I'm not faster than Danny Hart?  Who the hell do you think you are.

Jan. 11, 2019, 8:03 a.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Do you honestly have the gall to say I'm not faster than Danny Hart? Who the hell do you think you are.

Haha. Which trail are you faster than him on. I hope you screengrabbed it for future glory!

But its bullshit. another example.

Ridding with a buddy on Cypress, we were both running Strava, I popped out of the trail a full 3 seconds before him. Yet he gains the KOM for that trail that still stands today. I pretty much gave up on Strava after that point.

Last edited by: Kieran on Jan. 11, 2019, 8:06 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 15, 2019, 5:01 p.m.

Oops I meant I had KOM on 1min descents not 10... but yeah, same point haha.

Jan. 15, 2019, 9:47 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

Posted by: ReductiMat

Do you honestly have the gall to say I'm not faster than Danny Hart? Who the hell do you think you are.

Haha. Which trail are you faster than him on. I hope you screengrabbed it for future glory!

But its bullshit. another example.

Ridding with a buddy on Cypress, we were both running Strava, I popped out of the trail a full 3 seconds before him. Yet he gains the KOM for that trail that still stands today. I pretty much gave up on Strava after that point.

I haven’t looked in a while, but I think I have KOM on OSin.

Danny is a few below me.

I’m sure that’s legit.