STOLEN: Banshee Spitfire raw silver/medium

March 13, 2017, 7:22 p.m.

My Banshee Spitfire was stolen at around 6pm on Monday March 13th, near 15th and Chesterfield in North Vancouver.

Bike has parts as follows, unfortunately, I have no pictures.

• Spitfire raw/medium w/Manitou Swinger Air shock.

• Marzocchi 350 RC fork

• Stans Arch rims on Stans front hub, DT Suiss 350 rear hub

• RaceFace cranks black w/Hope BB

• RaceFace stem black

• Deity Dirty 30 bars green

• RaceFace grips

• Banshee headset

• Shimano XT brakes 180mm rotors

• Shimano XT 10spd shifter and XT Shadow Plus derailleur

• Shimano XT 11-36 cassette

• Gamut 30t narrow wide chainring

• RockShox Reverb post (with collar stop on)

• WTB Volt Ti railed saddle (saddle corners are torn)

• Time MX-8 carbon pedals

• Maxxis HiRoller II front, Maxxis Minion DHR rear

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Last edited by: TonyJ on March 21, 2017, 9:43 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 14, 2017, 4:42 p.m.

How was it stolen?

March 14, 2017, 10:16 p.m.

They cut the lock on my roofrack, the car was at the back of my building, right below my deck. I went inside to get clean up and get changed, the bike was gone in 5 to 10 minute span of me having eyes on it and it being gone. They had good tools, super clean cut on the lock, so they were definitely on the prowl for bikes.

My fault, should have cleaned the bike and put it away before going inside, about 70% of the time I do that.

March 15, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

Posted by: TonyJ

They cut the lock on my roofrack, the car was at the back of my building, right below my deck. I went inside to get clean up and get changed, the bike was gone in 5 to 10 minute span of me having eyes on it and it being gone. They had good tools, super clean cut on the lock, so they were definitely on the prowl for bikes.

My fault, should have cleaned the bike and put it away before going inside, about 70% of the time I do that.

Shitty, makes me worried. Live not even a minute from your area. Do you think you were followed? does your building have any security cameras?

March 15, 2017, 2:59 p.m.

Posted by: TonyJ

Brutal, sorry to hear man. Register the bike on Project 529? Even without pics, if you have the serial # it will be helpful.

I sometimes have my bike on the rack or leaned against the back of my house for a few minutes while getting cleaning kit etc. Will have to be extra careful now... sucks how many scumbag thieves there are in the lower mainland.

March 15, 2017, 10:55 p.m.

I could have been followed, or they could have just been walking the alleys. There are quite a few mtn bikers in the buildings around me, so it may be a spot they target based on vehicles with bikes on them driving in this area.

I just heard about Project 529 the other day, I have to find a picture and or the serial number, I was bad with recording those details. Going to have to do that with my road bike and the new bike when I get something together.