steel set or regular

July 11, 2003, 12:47 a.m.

Get a Rasta :) All of us cool people have Rasta King's :)

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 11, 2003, 8:53 a.m.

yeah i was gonna get rasta since my frame is red main frame with blaack rear end and yellow blck and red stickers the rasta would be so :thepimp: on it

July 11, 2003, 11:24 a.m.

Green
Gold
Red

Hell yea. Black lower cup, perfect for the Red Chaparral with a Slider ;)

Rasta looks pimp on every bike, doesnt matter the color. As long as there is some other color and black, it'll look good.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 11, 2003, 11:30 a.m.

actually looking at the frame http://www.go-ride.com/specials/yeti_dh9.jpg i think ill get gold it will complemtn the yellow highlights perfecttly

July 11, 2003, 1:34 p.m.

The steelset is a waste of time as it is. The insertion is way to deep. Many frames are bored out and can't even use this much insertion. On other frames, you need a very deep reamer to be able to ream the frame properly.

The NSMB review of the headset is a complete joke and should be warning to anyone thinking about one of these. Installing the headset destroyed the head tube and all Cam has to say about it is "It isn't as bad as it looks. And since I'm cutting the King out
it doesn't really matter." Right. Give it some time Cam and you'll be able to pull the headset out by hand when the headtube eventually spilts. MAKE SURE TO REAM YOUR FRAME ALL THE WAY. It would also be a good idea to check with your frame maker to see what they have to say about installing one.

http://www.nsmb.com/images/gear/gearshots3/oops.jpg

The second thing to consider is that King headsets don't have any kind of compression ring. Now I'm a big fan of the headsets, own 3 of them, the oldest almost a decade old now, but I gave up using them on my FR/DH bikes. Without a compression ring, the top race cannot grip the steer tube firmly. This means that the top cap always moves on the steer tube. That little plastic washer that King started shipping with their headsets a while back, that's to stop the squeaking and creaking when the top cap moves around. (A carbon spacer works as well.) It's a bandaid solution that still means that the top race always has some play in it. All steer tubes are slightly different sizes, and if you're unlucky and have one that runs to the small end of the tolerance range, you won't ever get the headset tight. For XC, this has never really been an issue, but on any bike I've had with a double crown fork, the headsets have always been an problem. Whether or not this is, or has been, an issue for you probably depends on how sensetive you are to loose things on bikes. I constantly pick up other peoples bikes and right away can feel loose headsets, cones and bushing that they didn't, or couldn't, notice.

Anyway… that's my 2 cents.

July 11, 2003, 3:34 p.m.

Want a nice ass headset that dosent blow up, runs smoothly, and wont give you any shit? Solid Bikes headset. look at em at www.danscomp.com