spesh levo demo

March 26, 2017, 9:36 p.m.

There are 2 demo levos are dunbar, medium and large.

I took one out for a spin and it was pretty awesome on the uphill; especially up mtn hwy but on the down, but I definitely noticed the weight on some of more techy and tight north shore trails.

Also, those plus tires were bit sketchy at first but it gobbled up everything like a big cushion.

Last edited by: C.Lee on March 26, 2017, 9:37 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 27, 2017, 8:40 a.m.

Oak Bay Bikes had a demo day at Hartland yesterday, my buddy took one out and said it was unreal. Sit and spin uphill, but he didn't much like it in the corners and a touch difficult to finesse on tech sections.

March 27, 2017, 10:43 a.m.

I rode one last summer. I thought it was interesting. It felt more like a toy than a really sophisticated high end mountain bike. It seemed like the mechanism that figures out when to deliver the power assist never quite knew what to do on technical terrain where you're quickly ratcheting pedals and on/off the pedals a lot. For me that imprecision was a huge dealbreaker. The year before I tried a similar Lapierre e-bike. The Levo is much better than that. Doubtless this technology will continue to improve.

It was cool to try it. But it's not something I'm interested in.

March 27, 2017, 3:22 p.m.

Glad to hear UROC has banned them. I'm guessing Cumberland is a tight enough riding community than anyone ignoring the ban would be called out pretty hard for it. I wonder if the Spesh rep is putting those demos there to try and change people's minds.