specialized paintjob poll

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:33 p.m.

I love the paint jobs on all the specialized because they are so unique. I bet specialized will sell a ton of these to people who dont want to have the black or grey monotone frames. This is a fresh departure from the normal way paint is, and i bet that next year, there are going to be more companies jumping on this bandwagon. And it probably wont hurt that the frame itself is a really good design.

Sept. 22, 2006, 10:35 p.m.

The "ugly" paint seems to be working. It's love hate, but just look at how many post and threads it's generating. Thats marketing baby.

just because its generating controversy doesn't mean people are going to buy their frames. personally, i cant stand it, i hate stickers on a bike, love the "stealth" mode, so for me, the paint jobs suck ass. not that i could afford a specialized anyways mind you but if i could, i'd give it a pass or get it repainted.

Sept. 23, 2006, 12:02 a.m.

Aren't all those stickers? I think the "paint job" is nice (white fade to brown).
I think I'd spend some time taking the stickers off. Even the checker pattern
are stickers too. Look past the stickers and I think they're alright. I have an
'06 demo 8 and I hate the brown ano, but it rides so nice I don't care.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 23, 2006, 2:17 a.m.

to me the frame looks like some red neck in some farm welded those tubes together w/ parts from 5 junk bike frames. unrefine lines… looks way too busy. designer's smoking some bad sh*t.

:high: :.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: :high:

Sept. 23, 2006, 4:17 a.m.

Godawful fugly, but nothin a spraybomb can't fix.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Sept. 23, 2006, 5:42 a.m.

Maybe the thought came to one of the designer's heads when he was sitting on the crapper.

I like 'em but am impartial to the paint job. I'm looking ahead on the trail and not what's between my legs, so I really don't care what it looks like as long as it does the job.

But are you not concerned about people (everybody?) laughing and rolling their eyes when you stand in the Fitz chair line up?

Sept. 23, 2006, 8:42 a.m.

But are you not concerned about people (everybody?) laughing and rolling their eyes when you stand in the Fitz chair line up?

Yeah, but once you get rolling you won't be able to see them when
you leave them in your dust…haha!

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Sept. 23, 2006, 8:56 a.m.

The "ugly" paint seems to be working. It's love hate, but just look at how many post and threads it's generating. Thats marketing baby.

It may be marketing, but it may not help sell more bikes. I think it'll really turn some people off on their desicion to actually buy one this year.

Sept. 23, 2006, 12:14 p.m.

I like the frame and I would repaint it if I picked one up but I'm not gonna pay for something where the cost of that paintjob is included in the price.

Sept. 23, 2006, 12:22 p.m.

Honestly i dont care at all what bikes colours/paint job are. I ride bikes for their performance, not their looks…

Sept. 23, 2006, 12:25 p.m.

Paint issues aside, I like the geometry, it looks pretty solid actually.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Sept. 23, 2006, 1:56 p.m.

I think that, if we like the bike (the performance), we just shouldnt be worried about the paintjob,but, on the other hand, i think that that's a very important issue, because, if you dont like the looks of the bike, you won't feel confortable when you're riding it… you wouldnt buy a car that looks awfull, just because it has a good engine, but, that's my opinion, and so, specialized has his way of doing things, and untill now, that way has been the right way, i think that we have to take some time to apreciate it, after that we'll be able to like it..

Sept. 23, 2006, 3:07 p.m.

A little too bmx as well.

what, you wouldn't catch a self respecting BMXer dead on something so made up and gaudy like that, seeing how lots of BMX frames are nice and low key, none of this big downtube BRAND NAME sticker. I for one agree partially that a frame should be decided upon how it rides, but it shouldn't be made up like a cheap crackwhore screaming LOOK AT ME I'M A SPECIALIZED DEMO 7 with wannabe tats.

I troll shitty posters like yourself, because it's amusing to watch you skidmarks get all riled up.

Sept. 23, 2006, 3:19 p.m.

Ugly. The tattoo one, honestly, I wouldnt buy JUST because its ugly as hell. I dont care how good it rides. (of course if it were such an amazing bike, i would just repaint it, but there are other, comparable bikes that look better out there)

Some of the others, while not great looking, arent bad enough looking to make me not buy it.

thinkin bout bikes

Sept. 23, 2006, 4:51 p.m.

WOOT, the official specialized hate thread, i was about to make one!

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"