Specialized Lo-Pro Pedal Owners...

June 13, 2005, 7:21 p.m.

How are these pedals holding up? After 3 months, mine have side to side play and up and down play in the bushings, to the point that they make noise. I think it's a pretty dumb design to have only one bearing and 2 bushings. That said they feel good when they work. I might send them in for warranty, I seem to Kill pedals pretty easily, sealed and unsealed wellgos don't seem to last, So far the best pedal i've had was the Truvativ Holzfellers, but the pins didn't grab nearly as nice as these Specialized's….

These are the pedals I'm talking about:

June 13, 2005, 8:07 p.m.

I have a pair of DMR V12s that are collecting dust. :agree:

Sober

June 13, 2005, 8:35 p.m.

i'm running them on both my demo and my sx trail and i'm loving them. i have 14 months on the one and 3 on the other. after 12 months, my one pair seemed a little worn as there was a little float side to side.i decided to take them apart and re-grease them. the float has been reduced (likely because of the re-tnesioning of the nut) and they spin like new.i'm figuring i will get atleast another year out of the stock bearings.

i ride on average about 2-3 times a week.

i think more servicing(ie greasing) would reduce the problem and prolong the life of the bearings. if your already doing that then….time to think of getting some different pedals, inless the bearings are cheap. then it's just the cost of having a nice thin grippy pedal

June 13, 2005, 8:38 p.m.

^^^ logged in under the GF's name……opps

June 13, 2005, 9:46 p.m.

Best feel with the worst bearing stystem. I got mine used with a bike, there's lots of play and the right one has started to make cracking sounds. They're about 5 months old, and I packed them full of grease when I got them (3 months old). They feel so good though, super grippy with the right shapeand the low profile feels good too. I don't know what to get next.

So many freaks, so few circuses.

June 13, 2005, 10:59 p.m.

I'm rolling on the same Spec. lo pro mag pedals. I've had mine for a couple of months. They have developed some side to side play and small amounts of grease are oozing from the axle. I don't really notice the pedal play much when I'm riding though.

They don't seem like they're going to last too long. It's a shame too because they feel awesome. Super low profile. Probably one of the lowest profile pedals on the market.

June 14, 2005, 9:02 a.m.

Try the Warrenty angle… I called Specialized Canada to try and buy some (they are on back order…very popular) they said they had some but were being saved for warrenty's.
They look so dope… and from the sounds of it work well!

June 14, 2005, 9:10 a.m.

mine are working great, but i havent had them for too long yet. best i've rode for sure.

Craig

June 14, 2005, 12:59 p.m.

Try replacing the little O ring before the axle enters the pedal body, it could be its down and causing the play.

mtbskierdad

June 14, 2005, 2:43 p.m.

Try replacing the little O ring before the axle enters the pedal body, it could be its down and causing the play.

I do think that this is the cause of the side to side play, but the up and down play seems to be from worn bushings.

I'm going to be seeing the Specialized rep on Saturday, i'll see what he thinks then…