Spare / Upgrade shock for Devinci Dixon

Oct. 20, 2012, 7:12 a.m.

I am in the same situation with my Dixon. I phoned Devinci and they recommended the RochShox Monarch Plus RC3. I am curious to hear from other Dixon owners.

I have a Monarch Plus RC3 on the way. Hopefully it's an improvement. I was actually considering a Roco Air as well just because I have an 55RC3 on the front.

Oct. 20, 2012, 11:58 a.m.

I find the 150mm fork's limits well before that of the Dixon's rear end. It will be interesting to see how next year's RX model with a 34 (and potentially a new shock?) would ride.

are you talking about the stock bike with Fox 32 150mm?

I ran my custom built Dixon with fox 36 Float RC2 lowered to 150mm and it was the "sweet" spot in terms of geometry and suspension performance to match the Split-Pivot rear end

I tried the stock bike with Fox 32 QR15 and it felt noodly in comparison

for the Fox RP23 BV shock, I dropped a Fox air volume tuning kit into there, with the "medium" spacer and it transformed the rear suspension's ability to deal with hard impacts and drops

Oct. 20, 2012, 12:24 p.m.

Yes, the bike is a completely stock Dixon SL apart from tires and stem.

flickr

Oct. 20, 2012, 4:59 p.m.

I ran my custom built Dixon with fox 36 Float RC2 lowered to 150mm and it was the "sweet" spot in terms of geometry and suspension performance to match the Split-Pivot rear end

I tried the stock bike with Fox 32 QR15 and it felt noodly in comparison

for the Fox RP23 BV shock, I dropped a Fox air volume tuning kit into there, with the "medium" spacer and it transformed the rear suspension's ability to deal with hard impacts and drops

I've tried the volume adjustment to mine as well. It feels a bit more supportive in the middle of the stroke. I can't get full travel out of the rear shock with or without the volume ring though. I run about 25% sag and any more than that feels like it doesn't match well with the spring rate on the front.

My fork is a 36VanRC