some parts i need ..

Oct. 15, 2009, 9:54 a.m.

allright everyone, this will be part two of my original building a bike post just an update of what i got and what id like to get…
Again i dont have much cash but im not a bum so im trying to build this bike as cheap as i can and hoping to not have to buy many new parts so im looking to see if anyones got anything lying around or fairly cheap…
first i want to thank the people that gave me the frame. shocks and aother helpful parts..totally cool…Lots of trail karma to you all…thank you .
k, so far i have a frame , a fork , some brakes , handle bar, rear derailer , headset ,back pack ,gloves ,
i need some wheels 20 mmnot the qr 20 …front and rear. , front derailer , cranks , pedals , shifters..tires ,shifters like rapid fire )a stem not to big, probably others i can t think of
if anyone has any of this shit lying around after building a bike or whatever and wants to pass it along for a good deal . could ya let me know..
it dont need to be awesome stuff but no canadian tire or costco , sears..ect..
i have a vehicle , i can drive to collect and if theres anything i can do to help in exchange..ie work for the parts let me know..
cheers
Crash

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:14 a.m.

I've got a pair of Specialized 2.3 Chunders (one a 'prototype') you could have. Both kevlar bead. Fairly worn but still plenty of life left in them.

…And if you don't mind 8sp / mismatched shifters then I have F and R shifters.

Dunno what I'd want in return, maybe take the recycling away that we forgot to put out?!

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:30 a.m.

ill pm you ..thanks

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:30 a.m.

Should have given this to you when I saw you last but…

I have a couple front derailers sure one will fit, and a front shifter as well. If you come pick up tires from walleater let me know and i can leave the derailers with him, just return whatever one does not fit.

Just Ride.

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:34 a.m.

sweet thank demo

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:41 a.m.

You want flats or clipless for pedals?

I have some shimano clipless. Thought I had some flats but can't find them.

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:55 a.m.

I am pretty sure I have some Specialized flat pedals around, PM if interested to arrange pick up.

Oct. 15, 2009, 11:19 a.m.

I have some brand new never used truv hussys sitting in on a shelf… complete with bb, 36T ring and gamut bash that you can have for a hundred bucks and I will throw in a bar and stem if you want them. I also have a shimano 8speed set up - casset shifter derailler and chain all with only a single ride on them, all sitting in a bag you can take away for 20 bucks or a case of beer.. whichever you prefer to bring :P

Oct. 15, 2009, 11:31 a.m.

shimano 8speed set up - casset shifter derailler and chain all with only a single ride on them, all sitting in a bag you can take away for 20 bucks or a case of beer.. whichever you prefer to bring :P

just_ride, if Crash doesn't take those parts then I will gladly take them off your hands. Recently had a bike stolen so I need an 8-speed drivetrain. I'm nearby, in the Parkgate area.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Oct. 15, 2009, 2:46 p.m.

Wow cool thread.

I think I have got some old Hayes HFX brakes you can have for free. I know you mentioned you have some brakes, but may be these may work better?

They are not the greatest brake around compared to newer stuff, but if you are interested let me know and I will go check to see if I still have them and what bits like rotors and shit.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 15, 2009, 3:09 p.m.

I have three pairs of flat pedals all in good shape and I have barely used Kenda Nevegals that you can throw me an offer for. I also have a Chromag Cutblock stem 1 1/8 steer tube fits a 25.4 bar. PM if interested.

Shed head!

Oct. 15, 2009, 3:16 p.m.

I have an unused bar/stem - some sort of Tuavit/Hussvelt. I think I also have a front deralleiur kicking too.

I am actually looking for a set of cable pull v-brakes and shifters for a late '90's model if you want to trade.

Oct. 15, 2009, 5:31 p.m.

thanks knnn, i have some good brakes , just need some rotors,Joe , sounds good ill pm and bath i beleive i have some brakes i could trade with you and maybe some grip shifters if those would work??
thanks guys

Oct. 15, 2009, 10:45 p.m.

would the Hayes rotors work with the brakes you got?

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 16, 2009, 12:21 p.m.

im not sure knnn, they are avid calipers…be cool if they did tho,if not it might be worth it to take you up on your offer as well , like i said in the first posting of this episode , anything i dont use that i get from peeps on here ill repost for others to have free…ii wont sell anyting…just want to get a bike going..