So I Was Talking To A Shimano Tech Guy

July 15, 2003, 3:47 p.m.

I get what you're saying Cam (seems like I'm the onyl guy who does…. I think I've spent too much time aorund you) And I TOTALLY don't like the idea of having to run ALL shimano drivetrain. Shimano should have sene this coming.

July 15, 2003, 5:23 p.m.

Originally posted by Zedbra
sounds like a Jamiroquai dance to me…

Sounds more like Village People to me…

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

July 15, 2003, 5:59 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron
I tried that yesterday and I got lit up for it! I have to be a machine on the board sometimes or some of the members put on the blue cap and grab the billy club. :)

That's when you break out the banning gun and shoot them with it.

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm

July 15, 2003, 6:27 p.m.

Originally posted by Broken Fusion!
That's when you break out the banning gun and shoot them with it.

I think it was with Super8, and that guy seems pretty cool so banning wouldn't be good. In other cases, banninate them

tommrorow. mom took the van/

July 15, 2003, 7:07 p.m.

Originally posted by Zaskar
I was on the lifts and started talking to a Shimano tech guy about some of the racers bikes and he brought up how great Schley thinks the Saint stuff is on his Switch.

Interesting, I took the Schley camp up in Whistler a few weeks ago and he didn't have it on his bike then and I was specifically looking for it.

He did mention riding GMG in the rain with a few pros to get his bike dirty with authentic NS mud so that Shimano could take pics.

A friend of mine from Colorado took this pic of him and his bike at the top. I had to play with contrast and brightness as the camera was messed up with all the snow in the background.

I'm not sure if there is enough detail to see what parts he is running on his bike.

July 15, 2003, 7:22 p.m.

Hmm, im pretty sure i can see xt brake leavers on his bars, but then the pics of saint groupo floating around dont have the levers in em, so we dont know what they look like.

July 15, 2003, 7:26 p.m.

i think if they made there stuff compatibl ewith other companeys products some of there product sales would go down because people would go out and buy the competitors stuff and then they would have to make there stuff better

July 15, 2003, 8:44 p.m.

Originally posted by Mulletron

Its up to the consumer if they want it or not, and the market will dictate its success or demise. **

this consumer has decided.
i had a meeting set up with shimano at whistler today.
they pissed me off so much that i'm only gonna spec their front derailleurs next year. (and that's only because no one else makes front derailleurs)

no hubs, no rear derailleurs, no shifters, no chains, no sprocket sets, no cranks, no brakes.

shimano as a company is so arrogant and full of themselves that i refuse to support them anymore. you can see it in their design and customer service. they treated me like shit for the last time. if they treat you like shit, i suggest that you do the same.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 15, 2003, 8:46 p.m.

Originally posted by theoriginalhardcore
i think if they made there stuff compatibl ewith other companeys products some of there product sales would go down because people would go out and buy the competitors stuff and then they would have to make there stuff better

isn't that what we all want? better stuff? shimano is worse than microsoft.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 15, 2003, 8:49 p.m.

HEYPIP,

Could you run a campy front derailuer? I hear of guys like Jaurey running rear road derailuers, or are there differences in mounting, chain width, or cable pull?

My dream bike would not have shimano on it.

July 15, 2003, 8:51 p.m.

Originally posted by Zaskar
I was on the lifts and started talking to a Shimano tech guy about some of the racers bikes and he brought up how great Schley thinks the Saint stuff is on his Switch.
Cam.

richey schley gets paid to say that he loves the stuff, just as i pay bender to say that he loves his banshee.

there's no doubt that shimano components are the benchmark in our industry but other companies, ie: sram, hayes, truvativ, formula, chris king etc make parts that are just as good and compatible with each other. and these companies don't treat you like shit.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 15, 2003, 8:52 p.m.

Originally posted by ATN
**HEYPIP,

Could you run a campy front derailuer? I hear of guys like Jaurey running rear road derailuers, or are there differences in mounting, chain width, or cable pull?

My dream bike would not have shimano on it. **

campy doesn't make a long enough cage front derailleur and they don't make a 34.9 diameter clamp. damn. i'd loooove to use campy.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 15, 2003, 8:54 p.m.

Originally posted by HEYPIP
**campy doesn't make a long enough cage front derailleur and they don't make a 34.9 diameter clamp. damn. i'd loooove to use campy.

pip **

Approach them? or SRAM?

or maybe make one yourself….

I'd pay for one.

July 15, 2003, 8:58 p.m.

so pip what did shimano do to piss you off so much ???????

[email protected]

July 15, 2003, 8:59 p.m.

haha well personally i like shimano gear and i will continue to use it cuz it seems to work well for me. i've been riding the same rear XT derrailer for over 3 years and i love the new XT cranks and the XT hubs have never caused me any probs. i just go with what works and whats easy to work with. i don't think i'll be getting any integrated shifter/lever system anytime soon tho.