Small Travel, Big Hit Fork?

April 12, 2011, 10:56 p.m.

Cool, I heard you'll be attending the Testeagles jumpoff. Time to showcase the new fork?

Shed head!

April 12, 2011, 11:55 p.m.

Asking about a big hit fork, well a revelation isnt a big hit fork at all its fine on a cross country hardtail/or some kind of trail bike but a on a transition double I would definately go with a lyric coil u-turn if your going to be riding trail on it, and if its just going to be soley for dirt jumping I would run what im running on mine which is a Fox 831……. So I dont think a lyric is overkill at all its an amazing fork that will not flex a bunch after some serious bashing on over time.

I have a lyric solo air and a lyric u turn ones on my 6n6 and the other is on my chromag stylus and as much as i like the lyric its not the only ways to go. The 140mm travel maxle lite revelation is a very capable fork so much so i think i might sell or trade a lyric and pick up a revelation for my chromag HT. The lyric is nice but a bit of overkill on the HT

April 13, 2011, 11:12 a.m.

FWIW, i just picked up a 2010 arygle RCT for the SX… travel internally adjustable (in 5 minutes) anywhere from 70mm to 140mm… looks like a beefed up revelation or reba… forged (but not hollow like the reba/rev/lyrik) 6061 crowns, straight wall 7000 series stanctions and magnesium lowers… 4.5lbs with 20mm maxle… stoked!

April 13, 2011, 3:04 p.m.

I never really looked at the argyle just because it's always been pretty dirt jump specific, but it took the place of the pike this year didn't it?