should i do it

Aug. 10, 2006, 8:39 a.m.

you really should just go with a new 888.

I've only ever run marzocchi, and in all my time riding had one failure; when my 04 DJ1 the lowers cracked on the back and started leaking. left it at caps and got it back in only THREE DAYS. didn't cost me a penny, and they gave me 05 lowers :woot:

Disclaimer: the above text is in no way or form intended to harm you. if by any chance you are offended by it, please take a moment to Harden the F*** Up. thank you.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says, 'wouldn't it be interesting if…'; and then do it."
-Duane Michals

FOR SALE: NEW Small/med KBC Moto/ATV/MTB Helmets - $70!!!
WANTED: Argon cylinder! 55-125cf
also WANTED: SRAM Rear Derailleur. AND 2.35" 60a hard rubber MTB tire.

Aug. 10, 2006, 9 a.m.

you really should just go with a new 888.

I've only ever run marzocchi, and in all my time riding had one failure; when my 04 DJ1 the lowers cracked on the back and started leaking. left it at caps and got it back in only THREE DAYS. didn't cost me a penny, and they gave me 05 lowers :woot:

….then that doesnt really give you a whole lot of ground to stand on when recomending what fork he should use. You have no experience with anything else…..

thinkin bout bikes

Aug. 10, 2006, 9:26 a.m.

….then that doesnt really give you a whole lot of ground to stand on when recomending what fork he should use. You have no experience with anything else…..

His leg to stand on is based on the fact he likely rides, hucks and jumps more often and as big/bigger than most people here and has never had a failure. When you compare that to the complaints about other products with a lot less mileage on them, his point is pretty valid.

Aug. 10, 2006, 9:52 a.m.

When you compare that to the complaints about other products with a lot less mileage on them, his point is pretty valid.

Meh. I do things different. I take the word of people who have riden a multitude of forks. I dont compare complaints from one company to another. Seems kind of retarded seeing as how one rider could be riding or using their fork completely different than another person.

Its like asking ATB how he likes his DHR then asking a smaller, less abusive person the same question. You'll get 2 different answers and there is no real way for me to determin who's opinion would be best for me to take into consideration.

But when you get an opinion from a single person who can talk about many products, they can compare, and it doesnt matter what kind of rider they are.

thinkin bout bikes

Aug. 10, 2006, 10:07 a.m.

Andrew should just get a boxxer, all his problems started when he got his giant stolen with his boxxer on it. That thing hardly broke, and when it did, was mainly because he had some weird mojo cart in it.

Avy is a good choice, but the deal is sketch. Unlike what people think, avy can be serviced at any motorcycle shop eequiped to handle forks.

I would suggest him a 2002 Monster T with 2003 Crown set.

Aug. 10, 2006, 11:20 a.m.

i liked my dhr alot even though it broke, i might pass on getting a highline and wait for the 07 dhr. there are going to be some big changes for next year. this was posted in my thread on mtbr.

I am sorry that your DHR is down and you are out racing. In answer to your strength question, yes the 2007 will have stronger shock mounts, and as Woo cronicled other high stress areas have already been addressed and those will carry over. But, the primary focus of the 2007 DHR will be Racing. Everything about the bike will be focused on tuning it to be the best production race bike you can buy. It will be lighter and the geometry will be adjusted in all ways, just enough as we do not want to ruin it either. I have learned a lot from the last couple years from racers on Team Maxxis and our support teams in Europe and down under. The consensus is this. Shorter TT, slacker HA, 1.125" compatable HT, lighter, lower BB, smaller triangle on all sizes and lighter, oh and after most of the team types have trained on the Highline the 150 x 83 is what they want. This will actually add more weight to the final build unless the 2 piece XC cranks are made with a longer BB for next year? Everyone also wants the option for an air shock but does not want to commit to one full time in DH, but the option is worth another full pound for select courses and the only way to get it is piggy back resy, so the structure is undergoing a bunch of modeling to fit the piggy in the frame. the rear axle will also be standardized to the 12mm diameter and use a Highline type super nut-hanger-saint compatable dropout. Even though the bike will start out of the box lower than the current, it will be possible to re position the push rod bolt hole like the current bike but with a possible even lower final result for the super freaks that can ride such a animal.

I am truly bummed, but we are completely out of DHR's for the year.

DT

Aug. 10, 2006, 8:22 p.m.

i'm only 150lbs. but i still seam to break almost every thing.

buy a monster truck.

Cove Peeler For Sale, cheap.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2717&cat=13