Shore trails for bracketing suspension settings

March 27, 2021, 7:36 a.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: Kenny

Maybe it's the section you mean, but bridal from the cardiac/applicator exit, west to where Blair range splits off would work.

I was actually thinking you climb that way. The descent would be the section of Bridle that goes east downhill from the 3-way Sticks and Stones/Bridle/Cardiac Bypass junction, near the east exit of Salamander. I think the descent I’m talking about is the Pinkbike impossible climb.

Yup agreed. In fact you could do both. Down from sticks (down the impossible climb) would work too.  Slightly shorter and steeper. 

Dude suggesting Dale's by pushing up powerline. Wow. Sounds sadistic!!!

March 27, 2021, 1:28 p.m.

Froome from the climbing trail  (tennis court) has lots of options as well. Laps of Lower espresso are quick.

Laps of the last portions of Crippler, digger or boundary give lots of options of terrain..

Last edited by: GreyHead on March 27, 2021, 1:28 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 27, 2021, 3:07 p.m.

For bracketing, I use Floppy as my initial go to as it's easy to push back up from the entrance for the same hits and jumps on the first 1/3rd before the woodwork and then repeat and repeat

Then there's Dreamweaver which has a ton of sections which are easy to push back to for testing - but that small lap area of climbing to the entrances of boundary, crippler, digger, lower expresso really help dial it in

The upper section of lower Oilcan has a lot of good test sections too

March 28, 2021, 1:41 p.m.

for bracketing you need something reproducible, and not dependent on your line choice or rider anticipation

I suggest the stairs around Cap College

April 8, 2021, 12:43 p.m.

I've used the top section of Floppy before, like the first 20 seconds maybe (entrance, over the root bit and first two jumps then stop when it slows down)... it's short enough you can do like 20 runs at it with little time pushing back up. Could also just pick a section of Lower Oil Can and push back up as well... Then once you are happy with settings you could do single click adjustments on a longer but still repeatable trail like Severed/GSM.

April 8, 2021, 8:31 p.m.

Posted by: taprider

for bracketing you need something reproducible, and not dependent on your line choice or rider anticipation

I suggest the stairs around Cap College

This actually makes a lot of sense. I may go take my bikes to some stairs and fool with the suspension for 10 mins.

April 10, 2021, 10:23 p.m.

Was with my kid on Richard juryn today and remembered this thread. Not particularly gnarly but you can ride it at high speed and lap it many times easily.