Shore trails for bracketing suspension settings

March 26, 2021, 1:15 p.m.

I am trying to think of a few easily lappable sections of trail on the Shore for doing repeat runs to set up suspension. The trail section should be short with an easy/quick climb or push, but long enough that I have time to feel the bike settings. It should be fast and rough enough that it actually tests the suspension, but not so steep and gnarly that I'm survival riding.

Here are some thoughts I had:

- Pile of Rocks

- Second half of Executioner (from climbing trail crossing to Dreamweaver)

- Bridle Path cardiac descent

- Lower C-Buster from R&R to Bridle

The Cardiac option is probably the most efficient of these for repeat laps.

Anything else that comes to mind?

March 26, 2021, 2:38 p.m.

Floppy Bunny maybe? Definitely a fast lap, and has enough stuff going on that it would be a decent lap for suspension bracketing?

March 26, 2021, 3:06 p.m.

I thought about Floppy but in my mind, there aren’t enough continuous rough sections, which I feel are good for optimizing suspension. Ideally I’d like to replicate some of the faster sections on a trail like Lower Oil Can.

March 26, 2021, 3:23 p.m.

What about this section of Neds? I haven't ridden it in like 10 years so I don't remember what the very end is like but it looks like a short enough loop.

March 26, 2021, 3:36 p.m.

Incline

March 26, 2021, 3:53 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

What about this section of Neds? I haven't ridden it in like 10 years so I don't remember what the very end is like but it looks like a short enough loop.

Yeah, I did that one recently. It's definitely rough enough but quite flat, hard to keep momentum. It would be easy to lap, though.

March 26, 2021, 3:53 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Incline

What do you think is the best way to lap it? Just push up?

March 26, 2021, 4:12 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: syncro

Incline

What do you think is the best way to lap it? Just push up?

This was my initial thought but didn't suggest it cuz that push would be shit lol

March 26, 2021, 4:18 p.m.

You could push up Corkscrew, might take 5min at most

March 26, 2021, 6:19 p.m.

Anything in this area could be good, short trails, easily repeatable, not a bad climb.

March 26, 2021, 9:21 p.m.

Maybe it's the section you mean, but bridal from the cardiac/applicator exit, west to where Blair range splits off would work.  

Rooty and fast. There are few sections of bridal around there with enough gradient to pick up some speed but that aren't too tough to get back up.

March 26, 2021, 9:35 p.m.

What about dales? It has a road climb - steep but efficient. Takes about 5 mins to go down and has fast and rough, couple of drops and a couple of square hits on rock rolls. If your suspension feels good on dales, it will feel good on everything!

March 26, 2021, 9:46 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

What about dales? It has a road climb - steep but efficient. Takes about 5 mins to go down and has fast and rough, couple of drops and a couple of square hits on rock rolls. If your suspension feels good on dales, it will feel good on everything!

Do you mean the lapping the powerline? That is a brutal climb! I agree Dale’s could be good, though, as could be the section of Baden that connects to that same point.

March 26, 2021, 9:49 p.m.

Posted by: Kenny

Maybe it's the section you mean, but bridal from the cardiac/applicator exit, west to where Blair range splits off would work.

I was actually thinking you climb that way. The descent would be the section of Bridle that goes east downhill from the 3-way Sticks and Stones/Bridle/Cardiac Bypass junction, near the east exit of Salamander. I think the descent I’m talking about is the Pinkbike impossible climb.

Last edited by: D_C_ on March 26, 2021, 9:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 26, 2021, 10:09 p.m.

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: RAHrider

Do you mean the lapping the powerline? That is a brutal climb! I agree Dale’s could be good, though, as could be the section of Baden that connects to that same point.

Yeah, I was thinking the power line. It would be steep but efficient. I bet you could do three laps an hour if you were motivated.

Another option could be the top of severed dick. Turn back up at the intersection with John deer. Up GSM.