Shops That Sell Used Bike Parts?

Jan. 5, 2014, 1:22 p.m.

Is there anywhere more inspiring than Our Community Bikes? I'm looking for some old (i.e. 90's mainly) road stuff specifically (such as on my 'wanted' post in the B[HTML_REMOVED]S here) and I don't know why I punish myself by going to OCB as 99% of the stuff in there is only one step up from the recycling bin. I know there's more 'community' type shops cropping up, so maybe some are concentrating on dealing with stuff that is actually sale-able??

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 5, 2014, 1:45 p.m.

Craigslist, Pinkbike, North Shore Sports Swap

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 5, 2014, 3:01 p.m.

North Shore Sports Swap

I've seen old Colnago and Cinelli stems there.

Also, talk to Steve at Mac Talla. He loves his 80's and 90's era road bikes and has some pretty cool stuff in there.

bike.

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

the shop at united we can downtown
the bike kitchen at ubc
the shop in dt new west has some interesting stuff in the case
there's a diy place at commercial and venebals (sp?) but i doubt they have much, same for the bike coop at sfu
really though, if you are looking for a shop that reliably stocks parts from a few decades ago you'll probably have to invent a time machine

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Jan. 5, 2014, 9:55 p.m.

Thanks all (Hi Joe!). Some good leads there.

I'll drop you a line Icebreaker.

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 27, 2015, 10:25 p.m.

The Sports Swap in North Van has used parts.

http://www.nssportsswap.ca/en/