Shop Hours WTF

March 22, 2010, 11:44 a.m.

What the hell is wrong with these guys. I show up at OT to get some much needed supplies for last minute trip to Sunshine coast and there is a sign in the door saying that the shop is closed as of 4:15 Friday. I got there about 4:45 How the hell do you run a business like this? I was drinking a beer enjoying Friday wind down when the call came in for the coast. Knew that I needed to fix the big bike so I dropped everything and ran out to overtime.

Lucky for me my GF had the goodies I needed so I raided her bike parts stash. She saved the day!

Does this kinda shit happen allot, is it common?

[/rant]

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

March 22, 2010, 11:46 a.m.

North Shore Bike Shop !

I love Overtime, but yeah hours suck. More shop need to run hours like Matt's shop. I can actually make it there after work. It's also on the way to the coast.

March 22, 2010, 12:02 p.m.

I'm going to second the North Shore Bike Shop plug. I can't even start to count the number of times in the last year that something comes up late in the afternoon and I'll head there after work and get sorted out with zero issues.

And the best part - I'm always looking for something weird and/or specific and they always have it.

NSBS is the best!

March 22, 2010, 12:30 p.m.

winter hours at Secret:

REGULAR WINTER HOURS

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday [HTML_REMOVED] Saturday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Monday: closed

Were open till 8 a few nights in the summer.

I'm not crossing a bridge to get bike parts unless I'm already out that way.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

March 22, 2010, 5:39 p.m.

+1 for secret great shop good guys and they get stuff done when hey say they will

RIDE BIKES
:canada:

March 22, 2010, 5:43 p.m.

What the hell is wrong with these guys. I show up at OT to get some much needed supplies for last minute trip to Sunshine coast and there is a sign in the door saying that the shop is closed as of 4:15 Friday. I got there about 4:45 How the hell do you run a business like this? I was drinking a beer enjoying Friday wind down when the call came in for the coast. Knew that I needed to fix the big bike so I dropped everything and ran out to overtime.

Lucky for me my GF had the goodies I needed so I raided her bike parts stash. She saved the day!

Does this kinda shit happen allot, is it common?

[/rant]

What time does your business close for the day?

March 22, 2010, 5:43 p.m.

Matt is often at work until 9pm or later, maybe not 'officially' but he's there

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 22, 2010, 11:40 p.m.

Matt likes Jones Soda.

March 23, 2010, 7:33 a.m.

What time does your business close for the day?

We close at 4:00pm on the West coast 4:00pm eastern for our Montreal office. We open at 7:00am

There is always someone here to answer the phone and greet clients. ALWAYS!

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

March 23, 2010, 8:21 a.m.

I guess there is a price to pay for the cheapest prices in town.

on a side note, maybe there was a family emergency? you've never needed to leave work?

March 23, 2010, 9:06 a.m.

I guess there is a price to pay for the cheapest prices in town.

on a side note, maybe there was a family emergency? you've never needed to leave work?

IIRC he phoned and said he was coming by the store, gets there - they're closed

March 23, 2010, 9:10 a.m.

didn't see that in his post.

sidenote number 2, emergencies often still happen, even when people call and say there dropping by. Often emergencies are not planned.
I'm not saying this is what happened, just saying it could have

March 23, 2010, 9:11 a.m.

If that's the case it's a pretty crappy move on the stores part (if it was a family emergency leave a note for the guy who called in the very least)… If it's just a matter of showing up and finding out they are closed early for the day I don't see what the fuss is about - go to another bike shop… If the shop I want to deal with isn't open when it's time to deal I have no problem going down the road to the next shop…

I'd also like to take this opportunity to plug NSBS. Matt works hours that accomodate the working stiffs - thanks Matt!

March 23, 2010, 9:12 a.m.

OT may not be perfect, but with the hundreds, if not thousands, i've saved i am perfectly willing to deal with the short comings they may have on occasion.

March 23, 2010, 9:13 a.m.

didn't see that in his post.

sidenote number 2, emergencies often still happen, even when people call and say there dropping by. Often emergencies are not planned.
I'm not saying this is what happened, just saying it could have

i agree, stuff happens. but.. fwiw, this has happened to me at OT as well, but never with gary. i've phoned and said i was coming by, get there at 10min to 5 and the shop is closed.

good to know secret is open later though