Shoes

Sept. 13, 2010, 9:35 p.m.

Im a size 15 that can squeeze into a 14 if I have to. The only effin shoe on the market that I can even look at for riding is the 5.10 impact. Now the problem is nobody stocks this shoe in this size. My only option is to buy through mec online, they bring it in and if I dont like it I get a refund. I would prefer to help out a shop but my hands are tied. Cove is bringing in a large impact but he couldnt remember if it was a 13 or 14 so im kind of waiting to see what it is whenever it shows up. Does anyone have any advice or know of any shops carrying larger sizes?? I need a 50 in a shimano and they dont make any non spd shoe in that size from what I can see. Vans biggest is a 13. Right now im buying 20 dollar wal mart shoes, wear them for 2 rides and throw them out.

Sept. 13, 2010, 10:31 p.m.

your feet need to go on diet

Sept. 13, 2010, 10:38 p.m.

Man there have been times where I actually considered getting surgery to get my toes shortened lol.

Sept. 13, 2010, 11:15 p.m.

wtf get mec to order your shoes; who ever heard of lbs martyrdom

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 13, 2010, 11:22 p.m.

Yeah I went to mec like I said but what I forgot to mention was that they don't show a 14 in their available sizes even though on the 5.10 website it clearly says it comes in a 14. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to order direct and deal with the border etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 16, 2010, 11:37 a.m.

I bought my size 14 5.10's at Steed in the spring. Phone around to all the local bike shops.

I've owned Vans in a size 14 over the years, now they might not have been the exact moddel that you're wanting but I do know that Vans does even make size 15. You could always drive down south to Mount Vernon (20 minutes south of Bellingham on the I5) and go to the Vans Outlet store.

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

Sept. 16, 2010, 12:49 p.m.

Yeah I called steed and john henry, cove, all the shops including mec. None have or would bring them in for me on special order. I found a website that deals in huge shoes, ie. vans, dc and the selection was good. I made the decision to try for 5.10s though, im sick of settling on stuff because it fits. So I found 5.10 low impacts in a 14 on pricepoint.com for $98. They should be here next week, hopefully they fit good enough.

Sept. 16, 2010, 1:39 p.m.

Yeah I called steed and john henry, cove, all the shops including mec. None have or would bring them in for me on special order.

What? That's ridiculous.

Sept. 16, 2010, 3:26 p.m.

Well I can't really blame them, it costs extra on duty and shipping etc. John Henry doesn't carry 5.10s, steed said they would throw a pair on the next order they do but that's not till spring. Cove is currently awaiting an order to arrive but he couldn't remember what size they were exactly. As far as mec goes, I was surprised they wouldn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 16, 2010, 5:16 p.m.

Im a size 15 that can squeeze into a 14 if I have to. The only effin shoe on the market that I can even look at for riding is the 5.10 impact. Now the problem is nobody stocks this shoe in this size. My only option is to buy through mec online, they bring it in and if I dont like it I get a refund. I would prefer to help out a shop but my hands are tied. Cove is bringing in a large impact but he couldnt remember if it was a 13 or 14 so im kind of waiting to see what it is whenever it shows up. Does anyone have any advice or know of any shops carrying larger sizes?? I need a 50 in a shimano and they dont make any non spd shoe in that size from what I can see. Vans biggest is a 13. Right now im buying 20 dollar wal mart shoes, wear them for 2 rides and throw them out.

I have a pair of size 14 Impacts. You can order them online. No one will stock them, so you're SOL with that. I seriously doubt anyone would bring in a 14 unless they had a buyer lined up.

I wear a size 48 Specialized shoe and a 49 Shimano, and the Impacts are fine for me. They pack out a bit, too.

Vans come up to size 15. I know, I used to have a pair. :)

Sometimes you can find larger sizes at the skate / snowboard shops at 4th and Burrard. Another option is Oddball Shoe out of Portland. They sell nothing but big shoes.

She said, why don't you stop your crying/
Go outside and ride your bike
- Sliver, Nirvana

"If stars were all that mattered, why would I go to the trouble of writing a review?" - Roger Ebert

Sept. 16, 2010, 5:37 p.m.

Yeah I checked out oddball but like I said I found a pair of 14 impacts on pricepoint.com. Thanks for all the advice tho! Hopefully these will fit when they show up lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 16, 2010, 5:56 p.m.

My store carries nike 6.0 shoes (which are great for biking) in sizes up to 15 or so

Sept. 16, 2010, 7:20 p.m.

What store is that? You don't sell stolen rocky mountains do you? Zing! Haha jk, but seriously what store? I would love to have a reliable source for footwear as my riding buddy has big feet as well. Whenever either of us buys crappy pay less airwalks we always buy for eachother. Its like a brotherhood lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sept. 16, 2010, 7:42 p.m.

nike factory store. but unfortunately im in ontario

Sept. 16, 2010, 8:02 p.m.

Oh yeah that won't help, I have looked at the 6.0s though, they don't really have a firm enough sole for my liking but that being said, beggers can't be choosers. Maybe I can trade you a head tube badge for a pair of kicks?
Posted via Mobile Device