shock for a banshee legend.

Nov. 3, 2014, 6:58 p.m.

I'm going to try a retune of the revox. If that doesn't work im going back to cheep shity norcos.

Nov. 4, 2014, 3:28 a.m.

You'll need a M/M tune from Fox or Rockshox (sorry, don't have manitou specs). It certainly sounds like your shock is overdamped for the frame (tuned for a bike with higher leverage ratio). If you are getting it custom tuned then please have the tuner contact Banshee to get the data they require if they don't have it already.

Keith Scott
Banshee Bikes Designer
www.bansheebikes.com
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com

Nov. 4, 2014, 5:38 a.m.

You thought that they should offer warranty to you after buying it used? The 20% off they offered you is 20% more than the were obligated to give. You should feel fortunate instead of bitching about it.

Derail….I never understood how warranty disappears into thin air is a bike is resold during its warranty period.

I can buy a truck that still has warranty on it,why not a bicycle?

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 4, 2014, 5:40 a.m.

You'll need a M/M tune from Fox or Rockshox (sorry, don't have manitou specs). It certainly sounds like your shock is overdamped for the frame (tuned for a bike with higher leverage ratio). If you are getting it custom tuned then please have the tuner contact Banshee to get the data they require if they don't have it already.

…this.

Do people not understand that a shock needs to be tuned for a frame's leverage ratio and curve?

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 4, 2014, 6:56 a.m.

Derail….I never understood how warranty disappears into thin air is a bike is resold during its warranty period.

Continued derail…I've never understood that either.

Nov. 4, 2014, 9:04 a.m.

Bikes shouldn't have any warranty aside from defects in workmanship.

Do people not understand that a shock needs to be tuned for a frame's leverage ratio and curve?

Likely not. I had my RC4 tuned properly and it made a difference. Will have to see how the über sock performs soon!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 4, 2014, 4:26 p.m.

There's a certain Manitou technician in the local area who has significant amounts of first hand experience with the legend/revox combo. He's got the thing dialled to perfection. You want custom tuning for that shock? Shoot me a PM.

Regulatin' since 1983

"Mount up"

Nov. 4, 2014, 5:01 p.m.

Because then why buy a new bike when you could buy used for way cheaper? After a while the manufacturers wouldn't sell any bikes and would be on the hook to replace all of the clapped out used time bombs roaming the trails.

Nov. 5, 2014, 9:47 a.m.

Because then why buy a new bike when you could buy used for way cheaper? After a while the manufacturers wouldn't sell any bikes and would be on the hook to replace all of the clapped out used time bombs roaming the trails.

I don't see it as that different than the car, dirt bike, atv, boating, or w/e industry. Bikes should have certain length transferable warranties. And if they want to do life time warranties on their workmanship companies can do that is fine. They're still selling plenty of new cars.

Nov. 6, 2014, 9:06 p.m.

This is my Hockey Tape Fender solution for keeping the rear shock on a Banshee Legend free from contaminants. By covering the three openings you will prevent mud and dirt contaminants from touching your precious shock.

First remove the rear tire and the shock from the bike. It makes access to the areas you need to work on MUCH easier.

Clean the top side of the rear linkage with rubbing alcohol. Take hockey tape and use it to cover the top side of the rear top link of the suspension. Stop about an inch or so from the front of the pivot. You can determine where to stop by moving the rear swing arm up to see if your tape is going to make contact with the front triangle.

Clean around the bottom opening of the front triangle with rubbing alcohol. Flip the bike over and cover the hole at the bottom of the frame with a few pieces of tape.

Clean the openings of the rear triangle with rubbing alcohol. With the rear tire removed, lay tape across all the openings in the rear swingarm. Cover both sides of the swing arm openings with tape to get more durability. Use a razor blade to trim the tape in spots to keep things looking clean.

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

Nov. 10, 2014, 1:33 a.m.

I don't know what tune you had with your Vivid, but I think it's the best shock for the legend.
I have a DHX RC4 in there and I'm not too happy with it. It took me ages to get it kinda dialled but it still feels overdamped, especially compared to a Vivid. Two friends of mine are sponsored by Banshee and both ride Vivids, and their bikes are so much more lively than mine! We changed bikes one day, and that was something everyone agreed on.
My Legend is great at high speeds, but it feel really harsh on slow technical stuff and that's completely gone with the vivid.

Another friend had a CCDB Air in his Legend and said it was great, but he's quite a bit heavier than me, so I couldn't really get a first hand impression.
I'm not a big fan of airshocks in DH bikes, though.

I don't care much about the Manitou stuff, never rode it in a Legend, but another friend of mine ist sponsored by Answer and got Manitou shocks for some testing…
He said it was the worst shock he ever rode on.

Nov. 10, 2014, 1:44 a.m.

This is my Hockey Tape Fender solution for keeping the rear shock on a Banshee Legend free from contaminants. By covering the three openings you will prevent mud and dirt contaminants from touching your precious shock.

First remove the rear tire and the shock from the bike. It makes access to the areas you need to work on MUCH easier.

Clean the top side of the rear linkage with rubbing alcohol. Take hockey tape and use it to cover the top side of the rear top link of the suspension. Stop about an inch or so from the front of the pivot. You can determine where to stop by moving the rear swing arm up to see if your tape is going to make contact with the front triangle.

Clean around the bottom opening of the front triangle with rubbing alcohol. Flip the bike over and cover the hole at the bottom of the frame with a few pieces of tape.

Clean the openings of the rear triangle with rubbing alcohol. With the rear tire removed, lay tape across all the openings in the rear swingarm. Cover both sides of the swing arm openings with tape to get more durability. Use a razor blade to trim the tape in spots to keep things looking clean.

I tried that stuff, too, but then the mud just packed up even worse because it couldn't go anywhere. And it will always manage to get onto the linkage, nothing you can do about that.
Now I just put a sponge in the canoe to keep mud from packing up in there. It's really practical, because you can use that sponge afterwards to clean the bike and it never falls out :)

Nov. 10, 2014, 5:43 a.m.

Why buy a new truck when you can buy used for cheaper. Your logic is flawless.

Nov. 13, 2014, 1:12 p.m.

Bump as gor's last post was sitting in the mod queue for a couple of days.

Nov. 13, 2014, 5:54 p.m.

oh .no~~~:couple::couple::couple::couple:

carbon wheels

carbon frames

carbon rims