shimano pedal spare parts

May 25, 2014, 3:30 p.m.

i was given a set of xt m785 trail pedals that are missing a rather key part

anyone know a good source for spare parts of shimano pedals? i remember that norco used to sell them ~2005 - even though they didn't sell the pedals themselves wtf - still the case?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 25, 2014, 8:38 p.m.

As far as I know Shimano doesn't sell those plates (or any of the binding mechanism) as a spare part. I think you're out of luck unless you can cannibalize another pair.

Edit: I should say Shimano Canada doesn't sell those plates AFAIK. If it helps your search the Shimano part numbers for those "body covers" as big S calls them are Y46K98030 (right side) and Y46K98040 (left side).

May 25, 2014, 9:11 p.m.

LTP (Norco) is no longer an authorized Shimano distributor. Last year Shimano slashed their distribution network, leaving Shimao Canada and Cycles Lambert as the only Distributors in Canada (link). Shimano Canada are the only ones allowed to sell shoes, pedals and wheels.

I've had good luck phoning Shimano, I work at a shop, and as long as I've got part numbers they can usually get parts. Use the part numbers Jeff M provided and try going through a shop.

Ride, don't slide.

May 25, 2014, 9:21 p.m.

thanks jeff. i googled those part numbers and found a set from a german website for $20 with shipping

for some reason i could't find the tech doc for shimano's pedals on their website, but i found it by looking for that part number

best source for the parts was in germany, btw: https://bicikli.de

there was another in the uk and then ebay japan

Use the part numbers Jeff M provided and try going through a shop.

i would (wrongly?) feel worse asking a shop to track these tiny pieces down through shimano canada vs. just sourcing them myself. i'm trying to stay away from buying stuff online vs. getting it through shops these days, but in this case it seems better

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 25, 2014, 10:08 p.m.

Only the right side and may not match. But found a small part from these guys I was looking for a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC108459

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 25, 2014, 11:17 p.m.

i would (wrongly?) feel worse asking a shop to track these tiny pieces down through shimano canada vs. just sourcing them myself. i'm trying to stay away from buying stuff online vs. getting it through shops these days, but in this case it seems better

just takes phone call to Shimano Canada to see if it's available

June 18, 2014, 3:43 p.m.

best source for the parts was in germany, btw: https://bicikli.de

update: so the plates arrived about a week after i ordered them. easy to install by backing off the spring tension and wedging the clamp open while i attached the plates. enjoying the platform after a few years on xc spd's

June 18, 2014, 7:32 p.m.

Where does one find the phone number for Shimano Canada? I did the ol' google thingy but my skills are lacking I guess… ;)

June 18, 2014, 8:37 p.m.

one gets better at google or goes through one's bike shop.

yes, that's a Canadian flag and Ontario plates on the cars.

June 18, 2014, 8:58 p.m.

one gets better at google or goes through one's bike shop.

yes, that's a Canadian flag and Ontario plates on the cars.

If this is accurate it would be in Peterborough.

http://www.profilecanada.com/companydetail.cfm?company=2487480_Shimano_Canada_Ltd_Peterborough_ON

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/