Shimano me7 shoes

Jan. 7, 2017, 1:51 p.m.

Anyone using these shoes? My shoes are dying. Looking at replacements. These, terraduros or mavics
Thx

Jan. 7, 2017, 7:02 p.m.

Haven't tried the ME7's but the M200's have been great, and if you run shimano pedals then their shoes definitely work better than any others I've tried.

Jan. 7, 2017, 7:32 p.m.

I've had a couple different sets of shimano shoes. Currently runnng an m-161. Been good shoes but looking for something a little more forgiving as I age. Not interested in the dx line. Too soft. We're great when I was hitting the park on a DH sled but not for how I ride now.
I will probably end up with the me7. Just wanted some feedback on quality and durability. I go through a pair of shoes every 4-5 years. I run them into ground lol been hearing shimano shoes hav had issues the last couple years especially the 200's. the terraduros are another option. Never had a giro shoe before. Thx

Jan. 7, 2017, 7:58 p.m.

http://factoryjackson.com/2016/10/10/shimano-me7-enduro-spd-shoe-review/

very stiff and tight, close to a pure xc shoe. the am 9 is awesome waterproof through the toe box (no vents) and right in the sweet spot for me. plenty stiff for my taste.

Jan. 7, 2017, 8:51 p.m.

I have the ME7s.

As good as hoped so far. They seem pretty well built and between the laces, Velcro over wrap and the buckle, they hold my feet down well and comfortably.

I'm used to a full XC race shoe with carbon soles and tons of mesh and little to no walking tread, and these are more usable than those but not as stiff. They've even kept my feet sort of dryish on wet days.

Good shoes- I'd buy them again based upon the experience so far.

Dec. 4, 2017, 11:55 a.m.

Update: a year in the rubber sole is separating from the shoe in the area of the cleat. Ive tried to epoxy them together but they continue to separate. Not a problem on the bike but walking up steep sections (ie, back up the entrance to Sex Girl) they allow dirt and small rocks in now.
Otherwise I have liked these. I'm not sure if I will replace them with the same though given they didn't last that long.

Dec. 4, 2017, 7:04 p.m.

This is a issue I have battled with every pair of clipless shoes from Shimano , and one reason why I still use flats .

Dec. 4, 2017, 8:29 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

Update: a year in the rubber sole is separating from the shoe in the area of the cleat. Ive tried to epoxy them together but they continue to separate. Not a problem on the bike but walking up steep sections (ie, back up the entrance to Sex Girl) they allow dirt and small rocks in now.
Otherwise I have liked these. I'm not sure if I will replace them with the same though given they didn't last that long.

Same here on my pair after about 5-6 months.

Last edited by: robnow on Dec. 4, 2017, 8:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 6, 2017, 1:41 p.m.

Posted by: robnow

Update: a year in the rubber sole is separating from the shoe in the area of the cleat. Ive tried to epoxy them together but they continue to separate. Not a problem on the bike but walking up steep sections (ie, back up the entrance to Sex Girl) they allow dirt and small rocks in now.

Have you tried rubber glue? Not sure what a trade name for that kind of product is over there but I´ve repaired plenty of soles with it. Its for gluing rubber boats, rubber boots/waders etc. I would think epoxy is to hard and brittle.

Dec. 6, 2017, 2:23 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

too bad, that's exactly what they are supposed to be made for. sounds like a warranty issue to me.

Yup, but it started one week after the 12month anniversary!

Dec. 6, 2017, 7:30 p.m.

Posted by: Cuprinol

Posted by: robnow

Have you tried rubber glue? Not sure what a trade name for that kind of product is over there but I´ve repaired plenty of soles with it. Its for gluing rubber boats, rubber boots/waders etc. I would think epoxy is to hard and brittle.

Shoe Glue is one brand , back in the day I tried everything glue I could find . The worst shoes where the Red DH shoe they had in the 90,s that was a similar design to the ME7 .

Dec. 6, 2017, 8:17 p.m.

You could either try a liquid ureathane glue like shoogoo/aqua seal/seam grip OR a contact cement,

if you use c-cement it sticks on contact but make sure you get the nasty smelly solvent based kind that gets ya high & causes cancer in California lab rats

the liquid ureathane glues you wana clamp/cure over night

Dec. 10, 2017, 1:44 p.m.

Posted by: KevinP

Anyone using these shoes? My shoes are dying. Looking at replacements. These, terraduros or mavics
Thx

Hmm, sight's looking put together again.

Terraduros run narrow, so try first. I couldn't cram my canoes in there.

My biggest consideration with shoes is whether the tread will interfere with unclipping or not. I won't give a shit about the super grip of the sneaker tread if it causes a scorpion. 

ME-7 tread tight for Crank Bros unclipping? 

What else are people using?

Dec. 10, 2017, 3 p.m.

ME7 tread works just fine with my crank bros (mallet 3s and ti eggs)