Shimano DX pedal mod

May 8, 2014, 9:50 p.m.

I'm sure I saw a picture of this somewhere but I can't remember where. Anyways, there it is. Haven't tried them yet but my thought is being better able to rear wheel steer my DH bike without clipping out, seeing as I already run max tension on the pedals. I'm already thinking about longer grub screws.

May 9, 2014, 10:20 a.m.

Details? Predrilled a small pilot and just wrenched them in?

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

May 9, 2014, 10:40 a.m.

interesting mod

my thought is being better able to rear wheel steer my DH bike without clipping out, seeing as I already run max tension on the pedals.

what's the application, i.e. when would you see yourself needing more traction on the pedals while remaining unclipped? seems like you are trying to subvert the "commit or eat shit" truism

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 9, 2014, 11:10 a.m.

Details? Predrilled a small pilot and just wrenched them in?

Exactly.

interesting mod

what's the application, i.e. when would you see yourself needing more traction on the pedals while remaining unclipped? seems like you are trying to subvert the "commit or eat shit" truism

Better grip both clipped in and out. The plastic cage is an ok platform for support but doesn't have any grip on it. This mod is paired with a flatter style DH shoe: Giro Chambers, 5.10 Maltese, etc.

May 9, 2014, 11:19 a.m.

Better grip both clipped in and out. The plastic cage is an ok platform for support but doesn't have any grip on it.

ah, interesting. agreed that the plastic cage on the dx doesn't provide much more grip than a normal spd pedal, but i've never thought about needing more grip when clipped in. do the grub scews make it harder to unclip? i would guess this isn't really a concern for you if you're running the spring tension maxed out

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 9, 2014, 6:52 p.m.

I already run max tension

Alpha as.

May 9, 2014, 7:44 p.m.

You got to get her to look into these selle smp saddles. They are very comfortable for" junk." And the bent nose is great for climbing. I have one and will never switch back to a normal saddle.
There is a a model called glider for ladies.
http://www.sellesmp.com/smp4bike/en/evolution