Shifting issues

June 10, 2005, 9:02 a.m.

so, on my fs bike i'm running two front rings - 22t and 34t - without a guide or a front derailer (i'd have to get a derailer that goes below the seat tube because of the suspension design and didn't want to spend the coin) and i'm having issues when i go off a drop of the chain dropping from the large to the small ring.

my question is - is there a guide for a 34t (or 36/38) that will let me still lift the chain to manual shift to the small ring without a lot of trouble? i'm not familiar with all the chain guides available.

thanks.

June 10, 2005, 9:06 a.m.

i seen the best set-up for what you are doing.

from the inside it went granny ring/envy inner-e/bigger ring/bash guard.

all he did was pull the chain over the inner-e when he wanted the smaller ring. an inner-e will set you back about $40 and you are set.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 10, 2005, 9:20 a.m.

I've Got That Set Up And I Love It
Haven't Lost A Chain…and If I Really Need My Granny It's Easy To Manually Place It

June 10, 2005, 9:31 a.m.

I'm running an inner e-ring [HTML_REMOVED] I'm having problems with my chain not dropping onto my chainring. It stays between the inner [HTML_REMOVED] outer bashguards, but kind of rides up against the inner ring [HTML_REMOVED] on top of the teeth of the chainring. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a spacing issue? It's really annoying [HTML_REMOVED] kinda defeats the purpose of the inner ring…

Sorry if I'm hijacking…

I'm quitting organized crime; from now on I'll stick to the regular kind.

June 10, 2005, 10:18 a.m.

i seen the best set-up for what you are doing.

from the inside it went granny ring/envy inner-e/bigger ring/bash guard.

all he did was pull the chain over the inner-e when he wanted the smaller ring. an inner-e will set you back about $40 and you are set.

fantastic! exactly what i wanted to know, thanks :D
now to find one

June 10, 2005, 10:21 a.m.

GRANNY|INNER ENVY|BIG RING|OUTER ENVY

bombproof setup

June 10, 2005, 12:42 p.m.

I'm running an inner e-ring [HTML_REMOVED] I'm having problems with my chain not dropping onto my chainring. It stays between the inner [HTML_REMOVED] outer bashguards, but kind of rides up against the inner ring [HTML_REMOVED] on top of the teeth of the chainring. Anyone else have this problem? Is it just a spacing issue? It's really annoying [HTML_REMOVED] kinda defeats the purpose of the inner ring…

Sorry if I'm hijacking…

try some thinner spacers, its just a set-up thing

definitely this is one of the best set-ups for shore riding. Good versatility without dropping the chain. The full guides are really only needed for high speed rough DHing

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 10, 2005, 12:46 p.m.

try some thinner spacers, its just a set-up thing

definitely this is one of the best set-ups for shore riding. Good versatility without dropping the chain. The full guides are really only needed for high speed rough DHing

Thanks. I'll look into it.

June 10, 2005, 12:56 p.m.

http://www.envygear.com/products/doublee2.html

http://www.nsmb.com/gear/diaboluscranks_04_04.php

www.FVMBA.com 

"If everything seems in control, you're not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti-

June 10, 2005, 2:15 p.m.

http://www.envygear.com/products/doublee2.html

Hmmmm…. looks like my double-e is on backwards. could be part of the problem.