sherman or 03DJ or 04DJ?

July 9, 2003, 8:23 a.m.

Z150 would make more sense. It has better valving than a DJ, in theory is stronger than a sherman, and it looks pimp.

BANSHEE BIKES * AVALANCHE * BROOKLYN

July 9, 2003, 8:32 a.m.

sherman

July 9, 2003, 9:17 a.m.

hey thats a great plan dude… it'll be a fun bike…. i have a kid who i sold my 01 vps drop frame and he has it with dual 24s and a 3 inch fork and SS it rides awesome keep up the plan..

as to the fork from what i know the 03 and the 04 djs are the same (someone back me up here) but never the less id go for the shermans… im riding a 03 dj1 on my launch right now… good fork but horrible tire clearance. :)

yes I lost it

July 9, 2003, 9:29 a.m.

Originally posted by some_dude
**hey thats a great plan dude… it'll be a fun bike…. i have a kid who i sold my 01 vps drop frame and he has it with dual 24s and a 3 inch fork and SS it rides awesome keep up the plan..

as to the fork from what i know the 03 and the 04 djs are the same (someone back me up here) but never the less id go for the shermans… im riding a 03 dj1 on my launch right now… good fork but horrible tire clearance. :) **

wrong the 04 forks have increased tire clearance steal stantions with a chrome coating and a steel steerer but they have the same crown i believe and thats where the 03s were cracking if i were you i would wait for the 04 flick since it has a travle adjuster that can be ridden hard(supposedly) even though i doubt youll use it its still the stronger fork also withthe reverse arch it rides allittle higher which would be good for that frmae and make it a super awsome bike

July 9, 2003, 10:25 a.m.

There is no point at all to SS on a dually. SS is for simplicity and this will be more complex.

BANSHEE BIKES * AVALANCHE * BROOKLYN

July 9, 2003, 11:58 a.m.

Originally posted by crazyguy
wrong the 04 forks have increased tire clearance steal stantions with a chrome coating and a steel steerer but they have the same crown i believe and thats where the 03s were cracking if i were you i would wait for the 04 flick since it has a travle adjuster that can be ridden hard(supposedly) even though i doubt youll use it its still the stronger fork also withthe reverse arch it rides allittle higher which would be good for that frmae and make it a super awsome bike

well then i guess ive been outa the loop for a while…. the shermans are pimp:thepimp:

yes I lost it

July 9, 2003, 2:33 p.m.

Originally posted by crazyguy
if i were you i would wait for the 04 flick since it has a travle adjuster that can be ridden hard(supposedly)

That will be most unlikely. The travel adjustments are inheritly weak. If you are hard on your fork, you'd be better off to stay away from any of these types of gadgets.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 9, 2003, 3:45 p.m.

A SS on a dualsusp could be simple, only I have to find someting to tension the chain…motorbikes are fullsusp. or not:D
I

July 9, 2003, 4:06 p.m.

why not just get a REALLY beefy hardtail like an evil or letoy and put the setup ur talking about on it….

July 9, 2003, 6:11 p.m.

Motorcycle's are single speed drive because chain length is the same throughout the travel. The wheel follows and arc'd path. But the Scream moves vertically, so your going to need to run A LOT of chain. Doable, but more complex that having a derailuer. my .002 though.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 9, 2003, 9:01 p.m.

running a dearailer like swinging tensioner it should be 100% do able.

July 10, 2003, 3:16 a.m.

Originally posted by BAC5.2
Motorcycle's are single speed drive because chain length is the same throughout the travel. The wheel follows and arc'd path. But the Scream moves vertically, so your going to need to run A LOT of chain. Doable, but more complex that having a derailuer. my .002 though.

False, rear wheel travel in The Scream follows an arch, sure it is not a four point with horst link (like specialized or Big Hit). It looks as with a 34-36 ring, not should be too much increase in chain tension…I

July 10, 2003, 3:20 a.m.

The Big Hit has pretty much zero chain stretch when the rear moves through its travel. The Cove G-Spot has an "around the BB" pivot, and has zero chain stretch.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 10, 2003, 6:34 a.m.

SHERMAN yeh a ss scream with a sc fork sounds abit dodgy but it must be all the rage there:P