seized bb in a steel frame

May 5, 2016, 9:41 p.m.

Maybe show up at your LBS with pizza and beer one evening. A few days later bring your frame in. They should fix it for free. You know, since you're bros with them now. At least that is what mtn bike articles lead one to believe ;)

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 5, 2016, 9:47 p.m.

ugh, really? i've always avoided power tools on bikes; worried about stripping bolts, etc.

generally if i can't get something unthreaded with a hand tool, there's a problem, and simply applying more torque isn't the solution

Seriously, a small impact is not getting the job done by applying more torque - it is vibratin/jarring the part loose. That's not how they work. You can get away with far less torque with an impact so just don't use a big impact gun and leave the torque on low.

And NEVER assemble with an impact (I've torn a strip off of new techs at work for this).

May 5, 2016, 9:56 p.m.

sorry, i've been busy riding, watching basketball, going to the park with the little guy, etc.

shit's seized; it isn't going anywhere ;)

Bring it by my lab. If -80C in our cold chamber won't shrink that sucker out we'll hit it with some liquid nitrogen.

May 5, 2016, 10:11 p.m.

Sure is a lot of weiner flexing going on on this thread. Surprised boom can't just pry it off with his weiner.

I'm sorry I had to drop the W word. :(

Wrong. Always.