Seattle Shop

Jan. 28, 2015, 5:53 a.m.

Hey y'all,

I've been out of the saddle for a decade and am looking to build a solid trail bike. The shop that I used to go to in Seattle is no longer in business. Can you recommend a shop in town or a specific person at a shop that I should work with?

Check out my Site It's updated~ mikeyanderson.com

Jan. 28, 2015, 8:56 a.m.

fanatikbike.com

Jan. 28, 2015, 5:22 p.m.

(lives in Seattle)

Fanatik is a solid [HTML_REMOVED] worth the trip. Probably other great shops up north too.

Locally I'd hit Big Tree bikes, or maybe Gerks (Issaquah).

To be honest, there's not currently a local shop that really excites me, although there are a few I do really like for random things (namely big tree and recycled cycles).

I checked out river city cycles in portland recently, that was impressive. Drool-worthy selection, from low to top end, and low key sales people that knew their shit.. and no sales tax.

Jan. 29, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

As someone new to Seattle I have battled this issue recently, the shop culture isn't that strong here. I have recently found Big Tree and those guys have been excellent so far. I also dove into Gerks for something in an emergency and they know what's up too.

To save the sales tax a drive to portland is not a bad idea. Especially if you are looking to buy a new bike.

Jon-boy.

Jan. 29, 2015, 9:18 a.m.

I don't know what you're looking for in a bike shop, but if you are ever up in Bellingham check out Alley Cat Bike Shop: http://alleycatbikeshop.com/

It's owned/operated by Duke who wrenched at On Top Bike Shop back in the day; he's easily one of the nicest guys to ever sell a tube or overhaul a bike, he knows what he's talking about (no BS), and he rips on a bike.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Feb. 8, 2015, 8:16 a.m.

Awesome. Thanks y'all!

Check out my Site It's updated~ mikeyanderson.com

Feb. 8, 2015, 9:53 a.m.

Fat Tire Farm in Portland is the shit.
I think we have bought 5 bikes in the last 3 years for different friends etc (probably won't happen for a while now the $ isnt on par).

Great service, quick response from emails, and shipped warrantied parts up for free no questions asked