Searching for a new riding shoe.

Feb. 2, 2009, 2:42 p.m.

im pretty sure the adidas burm shoe comes in a size 14..ive been using them riding for months now and they work great

Feb. 2, 2009, 3:31 p.m.

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/LSP0134/La-Sportiva-Martini-Approach-Shoe-Mens.html?CMP_ID=SH_FRO002[HTML_REMOVED]CMP_SKU=LSP0134[HTML_REMOVED]mv_pc=r126

Badabing. I wear these in half the size, but they're available, durable, and cheap. I bought mine at MEC.

Feb. 2, 2009, 4:52 p.m.

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/LSP0134/La-Sportiva-Martini-Approach-Shoe-Mens.html?CMP_ID=SH_FRO002[HTML_REMOVED]CMP_SKU=LSP0134[HTML_REMOVED]mv_pc=r126

Badabing. I wear these in half the size, but they're available, durable, and cheap. I bought mine at MEC.

I got a pair of La Sportiva gore-tex hikers that I bought around 5 years ago … they are sooo comfy and really good quality, I would have bought a new pair about 2 years ago, but hikers are bloody expensive and I am milking these until they fall apart.
The Gore-tex was sweet for the first 2 years, as I could walk/stand in shallow creeks and stay totally dry, until now they have holes in the liner and kinda leak.

But those shoes look sweet for trail building / mellow riding.

In Session

Feb. 2, 2009, 5:19 p.m.

im pretty sure the adidas burm shoe comes in a size 14..ive been using them riding for months now and they work great

Work great except for the large, intentional hole situated in the sole.

Feb. 2, 2009, 6:21 p.m.

Why not just stick with Orchid shoes … Did you not used to wear those?
They are a little pricey I guess but I find they stick to flat pedals very well.

Yea , orchids just don't hold up. They are pricey and don't last very long, but I might have to try and get some more from them because its all Ive ever been able to find that works.

Feb. 2, 2009, 6:30 p.m.

where did you get them?

Feb. 2, 2009, 7:11 p.m.

size 14?
you beast of a man.

Feb. 2, 2009, 7:44 p.m.

where did you get them?

i got them through the shop i work at…not sure if ogc is still doing adidas shoes but thats who i ordered them through

Feb. 2, 2009, 11:17 p.m.

I've got the Nike 6.0s in 13. I only really use them for street and at the djs but they work fine for me. They may not be as good as other options but I havn't tried anything else in a while.

For real trails I go 5ten for more toe protection.

Feb. 2, 2009, 11:26 p.m.

Man I thought I had it bad with 13's. Sucks. I hate shoe shopping.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

Feb. 3, 2009, 7:25 a.m.

I was going to mention Orchids as well but they definitely don't hold up too well, the sole seems to get eaten up way to fast.

Feb. 3, 2009, 9:37 a.m.

Not to shoot down Nick's suggestion, but sicklines did a pretty good review of the shoes, which pointed out this:

The toe area and tongue both have multiple holes in them as well as a large hole in the bottom of the sole to help with ventilation. The problem with these holes is while they let heat and moisture out they also let water in very easily should you ride through any wet areas.

The shoes look great, are built with nice materials, and offer a sole pattern that I personally like, but the hole turns me off. Any one that ride with these shoes have comments on this?

Feb. 3, 2009, 9:42 a.m.

Why not just stick with Orchid shoes … Did you not used to wear those?
They are a little pricey I guess but I find they stick to flat pedals very well.

i had two pairs of orchid shoes, the soles got worn out super quick. and they're not ideal for wet riding.

Feb. 3, 2009, 9:48 p.m.

Not to shoot down Nick's suggestion, but sicklines did a pretty good review of the shoes, which pointed out this:

The shoes look great, are built with nice materials, and offer a sole pattern that I personally like, but the hole turns me off. Any one that ride with these shoes have comments on this?

its true the hole does let in a little water..but it only started after like 8 months of use..and is still only in the left shoe…the tongue is kind of long so it come sup high into your ankle..it does have the ankle protection which is nice..great all around riding shoe but a bit pricy at $150

Feb. 4, 2009, 6:14 p.m.

since you are a professional athlete who requires the best quality equipment, I suggest anything with 5:10 rubber. This is for dh/trailriding. no compromises.