scratchy stantions

July 9, 2003, 3:46 p.m.

my stantion thingys got scratched today - which pissed me off cus their dammed expensive Fox Forx. anyways, their smallish silver-I went out and brought some lizard skin boots as one precaution - any other tips or warnings? I have a motor cycle trials mate who says smooth the scratches up with super glue(wellt thats pretty much the gist of what he said anyways) - good or bad idea. any advice please. cheers!

July 9, 2003, 5:03 p.m.

How deep are they? If they grab at your finger tip when you run it over then chances are they're eating up your seals. The first step is to sand down the scratched area with VERY fine sand paper ie, 900-1000 grit paper. Second, you rub the area with rubbing alcohol to remove any oil or dirt that might be on the stanchion. Then apply super-glue to the scratches. When the glue dries, sand again until the glued area is flush with the stanchion. Should be good.

July 9, 2003, 5:28 p.m.

Dont worry unless the scratch is really deep.(you can feel it alot) if its deep the glue trick sounds good but if not if its just a tiny bit dont worry everyones are scratched some.

:fruit: HARDTAIL PRIDE :fruit:

July 9, 2003, 6:38 p.m.

if it's deep use JB Weld. Much better than super glue

July 9, 2003, 7:02 p.m.

Or nailpolish that works well.