Schwalbe Tires

Jan. 14, 2010, 4:45 p.m.

G'day all,

am just fitting a schwalbe nobby nick/ racing ralph combo for the first time

which way are the tries meant to be fitted, there are arrows marked front and rear, but depending on whether they are at the top or bottom of their rotation, they point opposite ways!

Which way should I be fitting the tires?

Cheers,

Andrew

Meet my NEW ride: 2009 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Jan. 14, 2010, 4:50 p.m.

The front tyre on the Nic looks like it is backwards when mounted properly. The labels are correct though, I think the reason is, the rear is mounted for pedalling traction, the front is mounted for braking traction.

Jan. 14, 2010, 8:55 p.m.

The rear tire should be mounted with the Rear arrow pointing in the drive/rotation/forward direction. Image #1 is the wrong way for the rear tire, and image #2 :clap: is correct way for the rear.

Jan. 15, 2010, 9:13 a.m.

G'day all,

am just fitting a schwalbe nobby nick/ racing ralph combo for the first time

which way are the tries meant to be fitted, there are arrows marked front and rear, but depending on whether they are at the top or bottom of their rotation, they point opposite ways!

Which way should I be fitting the tires?

Cheers,

Andrew

I have the same combo, 2.25 rear Nobby and 2.4 RR front. The arrows on the side indicate rotating direction. It's kind of obvious and the tread will look backwards from how most other tire manufacturers recommend for rotating direction.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Jan. 15, 2010, 5:17 p.m.

It won't make much of a difference how you mount the Nobby Nic.

Some people on a german bike-board have reported that they like the tire more if its mounted against manufacturer directions.

There seems to be a slight tradeoff between predictability and raw cornering grip.