Santa Cruz V10 2008

April 12, 2007, 7:35 p.m.

very nice. but I would like it more if the top-tube wasn't sooo needlessly HIGH.

the bike would be, IMHO, in every way better with a LOW TT. I mean look at all the space wasted on that hump that will do no more then get in the way when table-ing or whipping etc, and whenever an emergency dismount occurs.

Disclaimer: the above text is in no way or form intended to harm you. if by any chance you are offended by it, please take a moment to Harden the F*** Up. thank you.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says, 'wouldn't it be interesting if…'; and then do it."
-Duane Michals

FOR SALE: NEW Small/med KBC Moto/ATV/MTB Helmets - $70!!!
WANTED: Argon cylinder! 55-125cf
also WANTED: SRAM Rear Derailleur. AND 2.35" 60a hard rubber MTB tire.

April 12, 2007, 8:31 p.m.

Yes Intense is taking the lead in VPP design pioneering and santa cruz seems to be copying design cues.

or vice versa.

April 12, 2007, 10:57 p.m.

The hump is a curvy thing but, its also there for strength. It's positioned in a way to take the forces that the front end has to take. The bike is hot though, and it's meant to be over a pound lighter than the old one. Maybe I'll get he bike I always wanted.

.:NSTP:.

April 13, 2007, 4:28 a.m.

That is truly an astoundingly beautiful bike just keeps getting better. And near a pound lighter thats pretty good going as long as its not sacrificing strength.

April 13, 2007, 10:26 a.m.

I dunno. I'd just like that hump to be lower.

or straight.

now there's a bike I'd like to have. just get rid of the manitou.

/threadjack

Disclaimer: the above text is in no way or form intended to harm you. if by any chance you are offended by it, please take a moment to Harden the F*** Up. thank you.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says, 'wouldn't it be interesting if…'; and then do it."
-Duane Michals

FOR SALE: NEW Small/med KBC Moto/ATV/MTB Helmets - $70!!!
WANTED: Argon cylinder! 55-125cf
also WANTED: SRAM Rear Derailleur. AND 2.35" 60a hard rubber MTB tire.

April 13, 2007, 11:40 p.m.

What bashguard is on the V10? I know it has the LG1 chainguide…. but I've never seen the clear bashguard that is visible in the last couple of pics… it looks sweet. All the important parts of a bashy, non of the useless bits.

April 14, 2007, 12:04 p.m.

Maybe its some new e thirteen that isnt available yet, or is custom made for a v-10?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 15, 2007, 7:47 a.m.

Save your loving for the M5….

i think the v10 is thexthier in its organic curvalinearness (if this is indeed the real deal m5).

(pic c/o sicklines.com)

April 15, 2007, 7:53 a.m.

Maybe its some new e thirteen that isnt available yet, or is custom made for a v-10?

Its called a taco. The bashguard is a cut supercharger 1/3 the size and then bolted to the ISCG backplace. Its not an official product but its a simple mod to do but you do risk damaging your ISCG tabs/frame on a hard hit.

-sicklines.com

April 15, 2007, 10:12 a.m.

holy shiatttttt….how light is a v10 build gonna be now, like a pound over a vpfree? that shit's bananas.

- bike sexual

April 15, 2007, 8:12 p.m.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S, that bike should be able to be built as light a 35lbs. or less. I want one! but i want to see what anodized colours will be available.

.:NSTP:.

April 15, 2007, 8:31 p.m.

very nice. but I would like it more if the top-tube wasn't sooo needlessly HIGH.

the bike would be, IMHO, in every way better with a LOW TT. I mean look at all the space wasted on that hump that will do no more then get in the way when table-ing or whipping etc, and whenever an emergency dismount occurs.

If I recall correctly, thats what alot of people said about the Jackal from santa cruz, but it turns out the jackal actualy had quite a bit more standover and clearence than most other comparable bikes on the market.

Any V10 owners out there who can verify wheather or not the top tube is an issue?

It does LOOK like it gets in the way, but with a bike as big as that, its hard to tell.

EDIT:

Wait a second, this is retarded, the top tube on the V10 isnt any higher than the top tube on that intense you posted. Look at the V10 picture. Draw a line from the very top of the head tube to a point just below the top of the seat tube. The hump BARELY goes above that line. It just looks like it will get in the way, but I bet in all actuality it has MORE clearence than the intense you posted because on the V10 the top tube actualy dips down toward the seat tube.

thinkin bout bikes

April 15, 2007, 8:55 p.m.

ding ding ding… # 2 on my list..

dang if thats #2 on your list id like to know what the number one bike is.

JDM POWER!

April 15, 2007, 9:03 p.m.

i rather be on this….

April 15, 2007, 10:41 p.m.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S, that bike should be able to be built as light a 35lbs. or less. I want one! but i want to see what anodized colours will be available.

Black or slate buddy, black or slate. :lol:

But seriously when is Santa Cruz going to start offering more Anodized colour choices for each bike?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.