Sadly im making this thread... RS PIKE!

May 18, 2005, 9:40 p.m.

HOW good is the pike… does the fork get stiffer at 3" or do I need stiff springs and more oil ect.. how strong is it? can it take cases and hard street riding.. with a heavy guy? How does it compare to a Sherman Jumper.?

How much is it?

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 18, 2005, 9:43 p.m.

seems youve been swayed :dizzy:

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

May 18, 2005, 9:47 p.m.

and im lookin at whatever model the red one is. cuz well its red..

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 18, 2005, 9:49 p.m.

and im lookin at whatever model the red one is. cuz well its red..

pike race

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

May 18, 2005, 10 p.m.

yes race… so someone answer my questions.. mostly.. is it a better fork

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 18, 2005, 10:01 p.m.

i rode one, it was progressive but you will need the stiff'st springs ross, it felt super responcive and made manipoo look like well.. poo..

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

May 18, 2005, 10:08 p.m.

Come to Friday Urban and try my Pike Team I had the oil changed and its a bit stiffer. The biggest diff is that the Team model has aluminium steer tube and hollow crown so its lighter than steel / solid but the Race is stronger. If you set the gate higher then the fork won't need heavier springs.

Sorry to hear about your loss we can drown our sorrows when we meet.

ha ha, I'm just livin my life man.

May 18, 2005, 10:08 p.m.

u do need to put stiffer springs… i have had pike for couple month and if u set it to 95mm position its easy to bottom out by just pushing ur fork down… indeed… but you can always have motino control lock on =D lol

May 18, 2005, 10:11 p.m.

Unlike the Manitou, the Rock Shox spring feel the same wound down as they do when at 140mm. They do have compression damping, so you can stiffen it this way as well as adj the floodgate for the Motion Control Damping. So far I've only heard good things about them, although they've all been used as a trail/light freeride fork not for urban. But hey, aren't you smooth as silk anyways. The Maxle is a great idea as well.

May 18, 2005, 10:14 p.m.

Unlike the Manitou, the Rock Shox spring feel the same wound down as they do when at 140mm. They do have compression damping, so you can stiffen it this way as well as adj the floodgate for the Motion Control Damping. So far I've only heard good things about them, although they've all been used as a trail/light freeride fork not for urban. But hey, aren't you smooth as silk anyways. The Maxle is a great idea as well.

i rode the one you guys sold on the 04 125, he was djing and urbaning on it and he says it Rocks any thing he has ridden. Buy it ross!!!

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

May 18, 2005, 10:22 p.m.

I haven't ridden the Pike, but I just threw a Talas RLC on my DOC and holy crap is it great! Just as stiff as my sherman was and waaaaay more adjustable. I'm running it at a just under 100mm with 100lbs of pressure and the compression jacked. It feels great for DJ and urban….highly reccomend it. All metal parts and great customer service! Something to think about anyways…

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

May 18, 2005, 10:24 p.m.

Ross, look into the Pike SL. This is the model that comes with a cromo steerer tube (despite the SL description). With the type of riding you do, you're not going to want to use an aluminum steerer tube.

You can ride the Pike in a fully locked position if you want. I don't know how much stiffer you would want than that.

In terms of durability, I haven't had this fork for very long, so I can't really give an accurate comment.

May 18, 2005, 10:36 p.m.

noo the race has steel parts dosent it… see tooo many settings already.. lock out foodgate compression ect ect… ugh.

Ill be running it in lowest setting 90% of the time. rest at whistler. I just want a stiff fork that runs well and stands up well.. i hate all this stupid settings that ill never use but pay for

http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/mountainforks/pike/race.php

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

May 18, 2005, 10:44 p.m.

cough FOX cough

Just geta Vanilla R and set it at 100 - same price as a DJ1 or Pike and much lighter!

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

May 18, 2005, 10:45 p.m.

I felt the same way, at first. Then after adjusting a couple of things its stayed that way for what 6 months? The only changes I make now are when I'm late to go some where or i'm tryin' to keep up with the group I'll lock out the fork and man does it go faster. Uphill is easier that way too.

So forget the adjustments, once the fork is set the way you like it you'll only fiddle with it once in a while.

ha ha, I'm just livin my life man.