RS Monarch or Cane Creek DBInline for Enduro

Aug. 20, 2014, 1:16 p.m.

Hey Craw,

Im curious why you'd want to go with the DB Inline over the DBA?

As far as I've looked into the Inline, it was created for bikes that can't fit a DBA, like a Sight, or for bikes that won't see as much downs.

I'd suggest talking to the good people at Suspension Werx before you shell out the cash.

Oh yeah. I'm not set on Inline at all. Since I've started looking every person I've spoken with recommended the DBA. I'd say at this point I'm leaning towards the DBA or the Monarch, not the Inline (unless I buy a new frame and that's what comes stock).

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Aug. 21, 2014, 9:58 p.m.

I've just replaced my Monarch Plus with an Inline.

The MP never felt right, despite changing to a low tune (bike manf. spec.) and many questions to the local suspension shop. Not ready to say it's not a good shock, maybe just not right for the bike.

I now have about 100 miles on my Inline and am completely stoked. Never had a shock this tunable, so I didn't appreciate how great it is to get the settings dialed. I even have a resort day (15-20 min. descents), and didn't notice a change in performance towards the bottom. I considered the DBA (which I'm sure is rad), but thought the Inline was a better choice for my 130mm and couldn't be happier.