New posts

Roof rack help!

Oct. 20, 2015, 1 p.m.
Posts: 0
Joined: Aug. 5, 2003


I have this roof rack ontop of my car that I no longer need.

I have no idea how to part it though, how to advertise it and what model, or what cars it will work with.

All I gathered that it's a yakima.

here's a picture.

Any help?

Oct. 20, 2015, 1:15 p.m.
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sept. 30, 2006

You can start by measuring the width of the crossbars. They are sold by width (eg 48"). The foot packs will likely be specific to your model/year of car (or other similar cars), and might have some sort of identifier on them. If you list the year and model of your car, people can often figure out if it will fit their application. Yakima's website might be of some help?


Oct. 20, 2015, 1:34 p.m.
Posts: 0
Joined: Aug. 5, 2003

It's a 2005 focus.

just by going to yakima's website, I figured the top part is the highroller

and they are 300 each? So I guess I could probably get 100 or so for each.

Oct. 20, 2015, 1:53 p.m.
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sept. 30, 2006

If you go to the Yakima website and try and build your roofrack, you should be able to get all the information you need to sell it. (Bar width, Q-clip numbers, Footpacks etc).
$100 each is fair for used bike trays, depending on their condition.

Oct. 20, 2015, 8:26 p.m.
Posts: 191
Joined: Aug. 21, 2013

Doesn't look like it's using Q-clips, Control Tower maybe? Control Towers bolt directly into the car's roof via the Landing Pads. Landing Pads are specific to each car, Control Towers aren't


Oct. 20, 2015, 10:28 p.m.
Posts: 0
Joined: Aug. 5, 2003

^Thanks. I actually posted it on CL and someone wants to come take a look at it tomorrow.

Oct. 21, 2015, 9:21 a.m.
Posts: 14950
Joined: Nov. 20, 2002

It's a 2005 focus.

that would be your answer

Forum jump: