Rockshock servicing

Feb. 11, 2013, 4:12 p.m.

My Lyric needs to be serviced soon,Can anyone recommend me a good place to take it

Feb. 11, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

My Lyric needs to be serviced soon,Can anyone recommend me a good place to take it

www.fluid-function.com

Shawn is the man for all things RS. Only caveat is that you have to get your fork to and from Squamish.

Lyriks are quite easy to service yourself with very few tools, and some knowledge. Just another option to think about?

Feb. 11, 2013, 8:58 p.m.

Shawn is based out of Whistler now. He is the RS man.

:canada:

Feb. 11, 2013, 9:01 p.m.

North Shore Bike Shop does a goof job of servicing Rock Shocks as well.

Master of Puppets

Feb. 11, 2013, 9:13 p.m.

And Dunbar Cycles too.

Feb. 11, 2013, 9:49 p.m.

And any half decent shop unless anything is actually broken. There's not too much going on in there. If something is faulty then sure send it off to Whistler.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 11, 2013, 11:11 p.m.

Dizzy Cycles has seal kits, oil and slickoleum available. They'll do a basic service, and a damper fluid change too, if you need it. Like walleater says, unless anything is broken, any decent shop can and should be able to service your fork.

Ride, don't slide.

Feb. 12, 2013, 5:53 a.m.

I am thinking of doing it myself. I have found lots of info and vidios

Feb. 12, 2013, 5:55 a.m.

^^^^Bingo.

Feb. 12, 2013, 9:27 a.m.

I am thinking of doing it myself. I have found lots of info and vidios

It's super easy. Just remember, when you're prying the oil seals out, they are really in there. It will take a lot of force, more force than the videos can show. I usually use a thin, penetrating lube to make it a bit easier on myself. Oh, and a folded shop towel on the casting to prevent marring the paint.

Ride, don't slide.

Feb. 13, 2013, 1:34 p.m.

And Dunbar Cycles too.

not on mine. I normally don't bitch about shops but it came back worse than it went in. Late too. Dunbar won't be servicing it anymore.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 13, 2013, 2:28 p.m.

www.fluid-function.com

Shawn is the man for all things RS. Only caveat is that you have to get your fork to and from Squamish.

Lyriks are quite easy to service yourself with very few tools, and some knowledge. Just another option to think about?

Hi I'm Shawn and if you have any Rockshox product that needs a service drop me a note and I can look after it. I can even schedule a pick-up from your home or work for those of you that don't get to the Squamish / Whistler area very often.

Shawn Cruickshanks
Fluid Function
[email protected]

Fluid Function
Shawn Cruickshanks
[email protected]

Feb. 13, 2013, 2:55 p.m.

I usually use a thin, penetrating lube to make it a bit easier on myself.

:lol:

Another +1 for Shawn at FF. He's converted my BoXXer from Team to WC and retuned my Vivid coil for me, great guy.

March 13, 2013, 4:23 p.m.

not on mine. I normally don't bitch about shops but it came back worse than it went in. Late too. Dunbar won't be servicing it anymore.

Hi Bryce. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than awesome experience at or shop. I went back and had a look at the records surrounding your fork. It appears that what happened was after you had dropped off your fork for service, you had sent an email requesting additional work to be done with the internals. Unfortunately that email never made it to our service staff and so they only did the basic service as requested when the fork was dropped off. At the time you had dropped off the fork we were running the free service promotion and at the time were quite overwhelmed, hence the lateness. Again, I apologize for your experience as we don't ever like to hear of anyone having a negative experience at Dunbar.

Sincerely
Rob Venables
Owner, Dunbar Cycles

Dunbar Cycles
Open Monday to Friday 11-7, Saturday 10-6, and Sunday 10-5.
Phone : (604)-224-2116

www.dunbarcycles.com

[email protected]

March 13, 2013, 7:32 p.m.

Hi Bryce. I am very sorry to hear that you had a less than awesome experience at or shop. I went back and had a look at the records surrounding your fork. It appears that what happened was after you had dropped off your fork for service, you had sent an email requesting additional work to be done with the internals. Unfortunately that email never made it to our service staff and so they only did the basic service as requested when the fork was dropped off. At the time you had dropped off the fork we were running the free service promotion and at the time were quite overwhelmed, hence the lateness. Again, I apologize for your experience as we don't ever like to hear of anyone having a negative experience at Dunbar.

Sincerely
Rob Venables
Owner, Dunbar Cycles

the customer is never wrong…