Rock Shox Boxxer World Cup 2012

Aug. 27, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

So I won one at the last Phat Wednesday race (thanks SRAM) and had the first chance to ride it today. This is my first Rock Shox since the days of the Judy so I was a little stoked after seeing them all over the years. I am coming off a 2006 888 RC2x which I thought was a pretty good fork for its pedigree, a good set and forget fork, its a workhorse, but its got a scatch in the stantion and needs replacing after all these years.

The Boxxer was much better, no arm pump after the first run, after a little fiddling with setup I found my sweet spot for most of the park and this thing just eats anything. And since it is much lighter then my old fork lifting the front end is no longer a chore but another option to get over things, I am thoroughly impressed.

And it sooo freaking quiet, all I heard from the front end was the tre in contact with the ground, makes the whole bike quieter too. Really good forks.

Best $200 Boxxer World Cup ever!!

mtbskierdad

Aug. 27, 2012, 5:40 p.m.

I paid a LOT more than $200 for my World Cup and dont regret a penny of it… I love this fork.

2010 Transition TR450 - 34.56lbs - the lightest TR450 ever?

A custom build from the good guys @ North Shore Bike Shop

Aug. 27, 2012, 6:43 p.m.

200? have you been around long enough to do 100 phat wednesdays? or was that your bar tab after winning?

Aug. 27, 2012, 7:11 p.m.

200? have you been around long enough to do 100 phat wednesdays? or was that your bar tab after winning?

Nope, was total after buying new stem and getting it installed, plus a twoonie….

mtbskierdad

Aug. 27, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

So I won one at the last Phat Wednesday race (thanks SRAM) and had the first chance to ride it today. This is my first Rock Shox since the days of the Judy so I was a little stoked after seeing them all over the years. I am coming off a 2006 888 RC2x which I thought was a pretty good fork for its pedigree, a good set and forget fork, its a workhorse, but its got a scatch in the stantion and needs replacing after all these years.

The Boxxer was much better, no arm pump after the first run, after a little fiddling with setup I found my sweet spot for most of the park and this thing just eats anything. And since it is much lighter then my old fork lifting the front end is no longer a chore but another option to get over things, I am thoroughly impressed.

And it sooo freaking quiet, all I heard from the front end was the tre in contact with the ground, makes the whole bike quieter too. Really good forks.

Best $200 Boxxer World Cup ever!!

sweet man!!!
An awesome preforming fork thats super quiet is perfect, what else could you ask for.
The fact that it was free and its improving your riding is even a bigger bonus!
Props man and enjoy.

by the way, what stem did u get? direct mount stems feel amazing with boxxers :high:

superheros
I like bikes

Aug. 27, 2012, 10 p.m.

sweet man!!!
An awesome preforming fork thats super quiet is perfect, what else could you ask for.
The fact that it was free and its improving your riding is even a bigger bonus!
Props man and enjoy.

by the way, what stem did u get? direct mount stems feel amazing with boxxers :high:

Chromag Director, stayed local, the 888 Chromag stem just wouldn't work….

mtbskierdad