Roadie/touring/CX rigs?

Oct. 23, 2015, 2:04 p.m.

Built her up as a do-everything shenanigans rig.
World touring, gravel/dirt grinding, winter riding, and road riding as well.

Enough clearance to run wagonwheel XC tires, or fenders. This thing will definitely see the easier XC trails I ride locally.

The frame will last me forever. The price of the gearbox was easily justified as a new drivetrain every year or two eventually adds up over the lifetime of the frame. With the Pinion you just change the oil every 10,000km.
I was originally going to build a Rohloff based bike, but I like how the weight is centralized with the Pinion, and I can easily swap out wheelsets without having to build up a new expensive gearhub-based wheel. Current wheels are using Hope Pro2 hubs, SS/trials 80pt rear. It's buzzy, and strong.

I ride all winter in some fairly cold tempuratures. Having a cassette drivetrain turn into a singlespeed every winter because of ice/snow accumulation and having to piss on the derailleur to keep it working gets to be no fun.

Brakes are TRP Hylex hydros. Feel pretty good so far.
(I like how I can fit a Di2 shifter to them later, if a project works out later…)

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Oct. 23, 2015, 3 p.m.

Built her up as a do-everything shenanigans rig.
World touring, gravel/dirt grinding, winter riding, and road riding as well.

Enough clearance to run wagonwheel XC tires, or fenders. This thing will definitely see the easier XC trails I ride locally.

The frame will last me forever. The price of the gearbox was easily justified as a new drivetrain every year or two eventually adds up over the lifetime of the frame. With the Pinion you just change the oil every 10,000km.
I was originally going to build a Rohloff based bike, but I like how the weight is centralized with the Pinion, and I can easily swap out wheelsets without having to build up a new expensive gearhub-based wheel. Current wheels are using Hope Pro2 hubs, SS/trials 80pt rear. It's buzzy, and strong.

I ride all winter in some fairly cold tempuratures. Having a cassette drivetrain turn into a singlespeed every winter because of ice/snow accumulation and having to piss on the derailleur to keep it working gets to be no fun.

Brakes are TRP Hylex hydros. Feel pretty good so far.
(I like how I can fit a Di2 shifter to them later, if a project works out later…)

love the bike and the gear box. it never really gets that cold here and I ski lots during the winter months. we are in bc after all!

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 24, 2015, 2:52 p.m.

My Search Carbon. It's even got an enduro tube.

Shed head!

Oct. 25, 2015, 9:36 p.m.

Nice. I looked at one of those yesterday, great price point.
I'm seriously thinking of buying the Search S1 steel frame w. carbon fork.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Oct. 26, 2015, 5:33 a.m.

I've had a number of road bikes the past years, including these:

current, my Cannondale Super Six Evo

previous, my Giant Defy Advanced Pro

and previous to that, my Specialized Tarmac SL4

and previous to that, my Specialized Tarmac SL2