Roadie/touring/CX rigs?

June 7, 2015, 6:49 p.m.

Haven't seen much for them on the site, but I know a few others here are into stacking klicks on skinny tires, or touring.
Post your rigs up!

I just built a new road frame up for a buddy. Turned out awesome. Custom ti tubing, twin toptubes, internal routing, disc brakes, throughaxles.
I'm building a new touring rig up for myself shortly, as well, similar, but using a gearbox instead of a standard drivetrain. Looking forward to getting it done.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

June 7, 2015, 6:56 p.m.

That's pretty nifty.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 7, 2015, 7:45 p.m.

I don't have any nice side shots, but I do have some riding shots. I bought a 2013 Brodie Romax from Mighty Riders in 2013. I still wish I bought a larger frame and used a shorter stem so that me feet didn't hit the front wheel, but I've quite enjoyed the bike regardless:

I've used it for road rides, gravel rides, cyclocross, and a bit of XC riding. I have a pair of fast rolling CX tires for the road and gravel, and some mud tires for everything else.

The stock Sun Ringle hub failed after some XC riding so I replaced the rear wheel with a complete Hope XC wheel. I think it's the only big change I've made.

June 7, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

I learned a long time ago that your toes can't touch the front tire if the only turns you do are banked turns!

June 8, 2015, 5:04 p.m.

I learned a long time ago that your toes can't touch the front tire if the only turns you do are banked turns!

I learnt today that looking down at your toe overlap while riding on a road with a gravel shoulder can send you into the rhubarb:scream:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 9, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

I don't have any nice side shots, but I do have some riding shots. I bought a 2013 Brodie Romax from Mighty Riders in 2013. I still wish I bought a larger frame and used a shorter stem so that me feet didn't hit the front wheel, but I've quite enjoyed the bike regardless:

I've used it for road rides, gravel rides, cyclocross, and a bit of XC riding. I have a pair of fast rolling CX tires for the road and gravel, and some mud tires for everything else.

The stock Sun Ringle hub failed after some XC riding so I replaced the rear wheel with a complete Hope XC wheel. I think it's the only big change I've made.

Nice looking lady-friend!

Wrong. Always.

June 18, 2015, 11:11 p.m.

My CX/Gravel/All-Road Rig. A 2014 Naked X. Handbuilt on Quadra Island. Light, fast and rides awesome.

My Bike Packing / Touring Rig. I can also run Panniers with OMM racks if the trip is more pavement oriented, and I need more volume. Photo taken 5 mins before the start of the 2015 Oregon Outback.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

June 19, 2015, 4:17 p.m.

Sweet jeebus I crave a cx bike but the lesbian life partner would cut my balls off if I got one right now.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 7, 2015, 3:05 a.m.

Some nice setups!

I'm waiting on some parts to finish mine off.
Just installed the gearbox onto the frame today, probably be another 2 or 3 weeks before she's rolling…

Aug. 7, 2015, 5:42 p.m.

My CX/Gravel/All-Road Rig. A 2014 Naked X. Handbuilt on Quadra Island. Light, fast and rides awesome.

My Bike Packing / Touring Rig. I can also run Panniers with OMM racks if the trip is more pavement oriented, and I need more volume. Photo taken 5 mins before the start of the 2015 Oregon Outback.

I'm impressed by this use of space. Bike packing Tetris ftw

Oct. 23, 2015, 3:51 a.m.

Finally fricken done! Mostly, haha… 1st ride out today was to the LBS for some bartape, and they ended up being closed. Rode to the next town over.

She's quick! And pretty!

Oct. 23, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

Curious to hear why you added a Pinion to a roadie.

Oct. 23, 2015, 11:28 a.m.

Curious to hear why you added a Pinion to a roadie.

why not? if you want a gearbox, i feel like the bb is a better place to put it vs. in the rear wheel, on a road or mtb: lower center of gravity; more centered distribution of weight; and lighter wheels that are easier to spin, less likely to flat and will require less maintenance

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Oct. 23, 2015, 1:01 p.m.

why not? if you want a gearbox, i feel like the bb is a better place to put it vs. in the rear wheel, on a road or mtb: lower center of gravity; more centered distribution of weight; and lighter wheels that are easier to spin, less likely to flat and will require less maintenance

hard to beat a clutch derailleurs. I see no advantage to gear boxes. they do look cool tho.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Oct. 23, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Judging from the distance between the seat tube and rear tire I would guess this is a cross type rig so in that sense, the anti mud dense, a gearbox is not that out of place. For pure road though the added weight, complexity and gear friction is not logical.

Damn cool bike in any event. Note the Magura road hydraulic levers. Funky grip shift type deal hanging off the bar. Thought it was a siren are bell or something at fist blush.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.