RM Flatline Pro vs Kona Operator vs Devinci Wilson XP

Aug. 25, 2012, 10:29 p.m.

Rented an XL Wilson the other day, was not impressed at all, but I think it was just the fact the rental was clapped out. Really made me appreciate the avalanche fork in my boxxer! Loved the XO brakes and shifting though.

I hope if you rent something you have better luck than me.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Aug. 26, 2012, 12:28 a.m.

Rented an XL Wilson the other day, was not impressed at all, but I think it was just the fact the rental was clapped out. Really made me appreciate the avalanche fork in my boxxer! Loved the XO brakes and shifting though.

I hope if you rent something you have better luck than me.

Maybe you didn't push hard enough!

It is a fast bike though.

Aug. 26, 2012, 9:04 a.m.

If I pushed it any harder the fork would have broken my wrists! ;)

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Aug. 26, 2012, 7:05 p.m.

Had chance to do parking lot demos of the Operator vs Wilson today. The Operator felt good but the Wilson felt a lot more solid [HTML_REMOVED] the low center of gravity really made it handle nicely. Both were small, the Operator cockpit felt cramped compared to the Wilson. I'm leaning now towards the Wilson or Flatline. The Wilson being $600 more expensive might end up swaying me towards the Flatline.

Sept. 22, 2012, 12:33 p.m.

bump for more feedback. Been sitting out nursing cracked ribs :(

Which of these would be useable for NS shuttle rides as well as whistler? Or should i be looking at something else for a 50/50 NS/Wbp bike?

Sept. 22, 2012, 12:42 p.m.

I think it depends on your fav tracks. if your go to laps involve Canadian Open, DRC, Whister DH, O sin and other tracks that are 'dh tracks' then i would take the devinci. if you prefer aline, dm, ninja cougar then get the operator/RM. the wilson is a serious DH race machine, the others are more 'park bike'ish

Sept. 22, 2012, 10:22 p.m.

I have been on my 2012 Wilson for a couple months now and yeah on the slow , techy stuff it is a little sluggish , but you do get used to it. You have to remember that the Wilson was designed as a DH race bike. The bike loves to be ridden fast , that's when it comes to life , and the rougher the better. It's super stiff , confidence inspiring , corners awesome and its forgiving when you screw up. It has saved me a few times when I got lazy. It's been the best bike I have rode so far.

That being said , what works for me may not work for you. Get the bike you feel the most comfy on and you will be happy.

Im 6 foot and ride a large and it fits me perfect.