Rim suggestions

Nov. 9, 2016, 7:27 p.m.

No WTB comments.. I have the team frequency i23's and they are super easy to setup tubeless as they are UST certified been bombproof for 2 years so far. I also have i25 KOM and man are they light 420 grams ..

Nov. 9, 2016, 8:50 p.m.

Also, why do people like hope hubs so much? I've had to replace the free hub bearing twice in the last year after it's fully disintegrated. Or is this something more common with wider range cassettes putting more torque/side loading the free hub body?

Because fancy colours and CRC pricing.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 11, 2016, 10:54 p.m.

Stans Flow ex on DT swiss hubs. Take a beating. I had the same rims as you and they couldn't handle my riding at all…

Nov. 12, 2016, 11:08 a.m.

Stans Flow ex on DT swiss hubs. Take a beating. I had the same rims as you and they couldn't handle my riding at all…

Compelling…

Will likely wait until spring unless I find a screaming deal somewhere.

Intrigued by wider rims. I guess flow ex are wider than the turbines

Nov. 20, 2016, 12:38 p.m.

I just now ordered a pair of 24mm i.d. rims, to match my 2.3 Maxxis tires. Wide rims seemed so intriguing, but then when I poked around to see what the pros ride it seemed like a lot 24mm-25mm rims, like DT Swiss Ex471.

I watched a video of Richie Rude absolutely smashing, afterwards I looked up his gear- 25mm rims and 2.3 Maxxis, (almost the same as me!). Then I saw that he is the same height and weight as me and that's when I realized… that I am exactly like Rude in every way as a rider. I've never actually seen video of myself, but I'm pretty sure we'd be indistinguishable.

So, narrow 24mm-25mm rims preferred by myself and Rude.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Nov. 20, 2016, 1:34 p.m.

I just now ordered a pair of 24mm i.d. rims, to match my 2.3 Maxxis tires. Wide rims seemed so intriguing, but then when I poked around to see what the pros ride it seemed like a lot 24mm-25mm rims, like DT Swiss Ex471.

I watched a video of Richie Rude absolutely smashing, afterwards I looked up his gear- 25mm rims and 2.3 Maxxis, (almost the same as me!). Then I saw that he is the same height and weight as me and that's when I realized… that I am exactly like Rude in every way as a rider. I've never actually seen video of myself, but I'm pretty sure we'd be indistinguishable.

So, narrow 24mm-25mm rims preferred by myself and Rude.

he can also run new rims every ride so not a true comparison , I bet he throws his rims away after each race as well .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 20, 2016, 1:39 p.m.

he can also run new rims every ride so not a true comparison , I bet he throws his rims away after each race as well .

Otherwise, we're exactly the same though. :lol:

Actually, in the clip I was watching he throws a big skid then heads to the parking lot and throws another tire on lol.

Nov. 20, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

Ride was running the EX511 on the rear of his race bike towards the end of the season.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 20, 2016, 9:23 p.m.

That's what I ride!

But I ride nothing like him at all. Where he goes Mach 11, I only ride with moderate speed or slightly faster than I am really comfortable. Where he wins EWS races I don't even partake.

Still I run wide Swiss rims, someone has to finance the company who gives him the rims to trash after each race, no?

Nov. 21, 2016, 5:25 p.m.

Ride was running the EX511 on the rear of his race bike towards the end of the season.

Yeah, looks sometime towards the end of summer the team switched up to 30mm front rims… Wonder if they are running 2.5 front tires to match?

Oh well, I missed the latest trend by 15 minutes again. Really, at the snail-in-slowmotion downhill speeds I'm running these days I'm sure it doesn't matter much. I just want something light for my pathetic limp back up the hill.

Nov. 21, 2016, 7:02 p.m.

Well, I've decided on some flow MKIII. I picked up an x9 rear hub for cheap, and will now have a strong rear wheel.

I think I'll stick with the same front and endure the non-matchiness for a while.

I doubt I really need a 32h front

Nov. 30, 2016, 9:18 a.m.

I didn't have the heart to tell you at the time that those flashy, new Turbine wheels wouldn't last long. They're just way too pinner.

Nov. 30, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

I will have a carbon Nobl Wheelset for sale, used last Spring/Summer.
these are the TR-33 , 27mm internal width, laced to a rear DT Swiss 240 rear hub , non boost and a DT 350 front hub. will be looking for $ 1000.00

I've gone plus wheels and would like to sell so I can buy some plus Nobl carbons this Spring once there available.

PM me for details if your interested.

Nov. 30, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

I just purchased a set of those carbon Nobl's TR33's in the recent sale they were having. Highly recommended! Running with 2.5" Minion sticky compound for the winter.

Dec. 1, 2016, 4:37 p.m.

I just purchased a set of those carbon Nobl's TR33's in the recent sale they were having. Highly recommended!

Dammit - looks like NOBL recently increased their pricing! Their wheels with Hope hubs used to be $1,495 just a few weeks ago and now they are up to $1,695. Perhaps this is due to the newer models (2017) being released? I'd like to buy a wheelset from them but struggle with the price… well moreso struggle with convincing my wife that it's a good use of our money.