rigid fork

Dec. 1, 2004, 9:35 a.m.

Surly Instigator rigid is supposed to emulate a 4" fork: it's 447mm axle to crown.

Dec. 1, 2004, 10:15 a.m.

You could probably get $300-$350 for your fork

Dec. 2, 2004, 6:05 p.m.

the Cliffcat one is very cool looking. suspension corrected for a 5" fork with sag taken into account.
(by cool looking, i mean absolutely monstrous)

I've got the axiom, you wouldn't believe how thick the steertube is, it's fucking unreal. It's got some slight suspension adjustment at 420mm. My peyto ended up being designed around it so it'll probably be on there for a good while.

I could definitely see the shorter version of the funn on my bike in the future. Mostly due to my habit of demolishing front hubs.

They've got the guns but we've got the numbers! Gonna win ya we're takin over.

Dec. 2, 2004, 6:08 p.m.

I have the banshee one. It seems really good so far, a little tall but no big deal really for my hardtail. Super heavy though..

I loved my Giant team trials rigid fork.. now that was a good fork. Light, perfect height, disc mounts, pretty strong. But somehow I am the only person to ever break a steer tube on one? I think ill get a new one through them soon.. cant wait.

Dec. 2, 2004, 10:05 p.m.

just for the sake of information, i used to have one of the kona project two jump forks, a pull froma Scab, i loved it, i kinda miss it.

fork before that was an OEM Z.5 which went in to norco twice, i have no idea why kona thought it would be a good idea to spec that fork on on of the toughest hardtail frames the've ever made, that being the 2001 Stuff.

oh and don't buy those curved blade forks, any of them unless they have mad gussets just below the bend at the crown. trust me on this one. Oh and don't use a 1" steerer in a fork that was designed for a 1.125" i'm very very lucky i'm not dead.

They've got the guns but we've got the numbers! Gonna win ya we're takin over.

Dec. 3, 2004, 10:34 a.m.

brendan go to the ns sports swap I think it was urban haxor who did that and got his dmr for $30

minus signature

Dec. 3, 2004, 10:39 a.m.

Originally posted by ReCkLeSs RiDeR
brendan go to the ns sports swap I think it was urban haxor who did that and got his dmr for $30

NSSS is having a sale this weekend.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells