Riding glasses?

Sept. 11, 2018, 1:39 p.m.

Hey all - looking for recommendations on some decent riding glasses for use with a half lid. I'm searching for some riding glasses to protect the peepers and am having trouble finding some that a) provide enough coverage for my fat head and b) aren't ridiculously overpriced (*cough* SMITH *cough*) What are you guys riding? What works well and is cost effective? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

it's hard to face the problem when the problem is your face

Sept. 11, 2018, 1:43 p.m.

Pit Vipers.

/thread

Sept. 11, 2018, 1:45 p.m.

Haha - I guess I could have expected this... I should have also said c) does not make me look like Macho Man Randy Savage... works for some but not for me.

Sept. 11, 2018, 1:58 p.m.

I have been riding with the ones that fog up. Been using goggles on the wet/dusty days for the descents. 

If anyone has a recommendation for sure lets hear it.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Sept. 11, 2018, 2:26 p.m.

For a while I was wearing the 3M Virtua Sport safety glasses.  Fogged up on climbs like a hot damn but oh so cheap when I lost them.

Sept. 11, 2018, 4:18 p.m.

I have Leader C2 Sports Safety glasses prescription glasses, they came with an anti fog treatment and some anti fog wipes.  They are prescription and have really made riding a lot easier for me.

Sept. 11, 2018, 6:47 p.m.

Ryders Fyre Incline.  All the benefits of "Prizm" and "Chromapop" without the mega price.  Plus they are photochromic and fog proof.  Wait until Ryders puts them on sale.  I got them for 50% off on "sunglasses appreciation day" or something like that a couple months ago.

"Constant rage: could people f*cking up all the time be to blame?" - The Onion

Sept. 11, 2018, 11:11 p.m.

I have the Oakley Jawbreaker. They are on sale sometimes on chain reaction but still pricey. That being said they are the best glasses I have ever used. I am a glass fogging machine and these ones only fog if I sit still while sweating up a storm on the hottest day of the year. If I am moving, if even slowly on an uphill, they remain perfectly clear (unless the sweat literally pours onto them). I have several lenses for them. The prizm trail came with them and is OK but tends to be a little dark on our trails. I think they are for california forests where the trees are 50 meters apart. I recently got the photochromic lens and it is my favorite. I can wear the same lens in any circumstance and it is fine if not great. I think it would be best described as "I put them on and forget I am wearing them."

Sept. 12, 2018, 6:33 p.m.

Posted by: Cabana76

Ryders Fyre Incline. All the benefits of "Prizm" and "Chromapop" without the mega price. Plus they are photochromic and fog proof. Wait until Ryders puts them on sale. I got them for 50% off on "sunglasses appreciation day" or something like that a couple months ago.

Fog resistant. I have those lenses too and they are probably the best I have ever used. In summer they go on in at the beginning g of the ride and come off at the end unless I have sweated all over them and they need a wipe. Yeah, I fogged the up yesterday a bit and had to put them in my pack. Today wasn’t as bad and I just wiped them. Pretty scratched up though but I ve got a couple hundred days on them at least. I’d get another pair.

Last edited by: andy-eunson on Sept. 13, 2018, 9:01 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 12, 2018, 7:07 p.m.

Learned that Ryder's has a lifetime crash replacement policy too.