Revo vs Rayban

Nov. 2, 2009, 12:57 p.m.

Looking at getting a replacement set of sunglasses for driving and wondering if anyone has any experience with Revo glasses. I currently have a set of Raybans with polarized B-15 lenses that are great for driving, but I dropped them on a sidewalk so they now have massive gouges in one lense. When I went to check out a replacement set, I tried on the Revo Efflux and they seem like a nice lense and the frames seem more solid (albeit heavier) than the Raybans I have. But I don[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;t know if they[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;re worth a $80 premium over the Raybans.

Anyone have any experience with Revo[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s? Are they worth the premium for what seems to be a comparable lense?

And I apologize if it[HTML_REMOVED]#8217;s slightly NBR, but this seems more [HTML_REMOVED]#8216;Gear[HTML_REMOVED]#8217; related.

Nov. 2, 2009, 1:49 p.m.

I've owned a pair of raybans back in the day and found them heavy and well cheap.

I picked up a pair of Revo after having two pairs wire framed Killerloop glasses and I love them. Pricey but are well worth it.

I don't change sunglasses every season so I felt ok justifying that much money ($400+) on a pair of sunglasses.

good luck

Nov. 2, 2009, 4:56 p.m.

I got some oakley crosshairs that have great coverage for driving and they are more modern looking than the typical aviator. But still kinda aviator-ish looking.

Maui Jim also makes some incredible sunglasses. I forgot what I have, but the optical quality is way up there and the lens is freaking indestructible. Super tough lense. Oakley, smith and any other glass ive tried is like butter by comparison. Really.

I havent tried raybans or revos :fu:

thinkin bout bikes

Nov. 2, 2009, 5:34 p.m.

Check out the polarized Persol shades… they're really well made and the lenses are great.

Nov. 2, 2009, 10:04 p.m.

I picked up some Maui Jims and really like them. The optics are excellent and they cost a bunch less than Revo.