Reverb went caput

July 26, 2016, 7:53 a.m.

My Reverb is pretty well done (servicing frequency is increasing), time for something new.

For a big guy - thinking a Gravity Dropper (for the simplicity) or KS Lev…the 9.8 looks awesome, but my frame can't manage a stealth routing.

Those that have the GD, comments on longevity on the Shore? Is the only place to get them order-direct?

Thanks,
Gord

July 26, 2016, 8:13 a.m.

Had a GD for about 5 years riding on the Shore/Squamish/Whistler etc. It is easily user serviceable, and the CS (should you need it) is top notch. You can order a GD through Universal (15% off with VIP15) or Jenson as well as other places id assume. That being said, I switched to a KS a few years back and absolutely love it. I havent had an issue with the one on my bike or my wifes bike in several seasons. The big bonus of the KS (or the GD) will be no more annoying cable loop like the Reverb!

July 26, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

Any shop with and Orange account can bring a GD in for you.

I've had one for a few years and it's been good. Mine seems to be finicky to get the collar pressure set just right to lock in up and down, but once it's set it's good.

July 26, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

LEV on my 167 over a year of use , changed the cable when I switch to the thumb lever switch and just been riding it . It does get sticky if it,s been sitting and not used for a bit , but once you get it moving she,s all business .

#northsidetrailbuilders

July 26, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

Any comments about the quality of the GD remote? Looks a bit cheap and could easily snap.

July 26, 2016, 11:55 a.m.

Any comments about the quality of the GD remote? Looks a bit cheap and could easily snap.

The remote was OK, didnt snap on me, but I did change it out for something more ergonomic. I had a spare KS lever lying around, so I modified it to work with the GD. There is a thread about fixes/hacks somewhere on here where I talked about it.

July 26, 2016, 3:16 p.m.

New FOX Transfer post and Thomson are available in External

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 26, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

New FOX Transfer post and Thomson are available in External

You still have to deal with the cable loop on the Thomson, and the Fox is still a bit of an unknown. KS is still the best bet for an external post in my opinion.

July 26, 2016, 8:16 p.m.

The KS Lev on my Process shit the bed and my shop has been waiting for them to get in rebuild kits for a month.

July 26, 2016, 8:54 p.m.

Unless your frame is still under warranty and you're worried about it, I'd just drill a stealth hole for the 9.8., seems to be a winner so far. Plus it never hurts to big up with a canook company eh. I was considering drilling mine when i was shopping for a dropper and couldn't find anyone having issues after the fact. I ended up going KS lev external just for the price point, and ran into the sinking into the travel issue they were plagued with for a while. KS fixed it under warranty, but the customer service was terrible. That said, i still like the post and would consider another one barring any further issue reports.

July 26, 2016, 10:26 p.m.

Riding a reverb right now that came on my new bike but had a GD for 3-4 years and still have it kicking around. Very simple to service for your average home mechanic, pretty reliable and works good. The Reverb feels more polished but realistically I never noticed the play in the post once I was riding with the GD. Also prefer the lighter lever feel of the GD.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

July 27, 2016, 9:58 a.m.

The 9.8 is certainly sexy and tempting. The concern is price and availability…oh and drilling my frame (not necessarily a deal-breaker).

On the shore, who carries them (DB is listed as a vendor, and I haven't checked with them yet)? Direct, they seem to be sold out.

July 27, 2016, 12:25 p.m.

I bought my 9.8 direct. Had to wait 2 months! but it was worth the wait. Its an awesome piece of equipment and I have had zero problems with it. I would definitely drill my frame if it wasn't already set up for a stealth dropper.

July 27, 2016, 12:56 p.m.

KS is great till they're not. mine has been faultless [HTML_REMOVED]3 yrs in. but getting parts for home rebuild was a bitch. i love this country but somehow we are like some kind of bike parts backwater. everything is a hassle, we have this part but not that one, and it will be many months till reorder of that one. call the US, sure we can send that $5 part, but it will cost you 20 to get it there. and almost everything has to go through some Quebec company. took 2 different bike shops and 2 separate orders to the US to rebuild mine and to get spare parts to make a separate control lever and cable for second bike. the little spring and do-dads that make these posts cannot be sourced from one place, not even in the US, certainly not from Canada. makes me crazy.

July 28, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

in regards to KS issues , one issue I did have was the cable end breaking where it connects to the post so I machined one up from some SS and no issues since

#northsidetrailbuilders