Reverb- Stuck

Nov. 16, 2015, 2:44 p.m.

So has anyone experienced this? Reverb gets stuck in down position, During the ride it starts going up and down super slow, then just gets stuck.

Lubed it, Air is topped up. Just had it bled a little while ago.

Seems to be happening now it's a bit colder.

When I get home from work its pretty much a given it will be working fine, being in a warm environment.

Sound like a major service?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 16, 2015, 2:54 p.m.

Does the air stay in the chamber, or does it leak and go over time? Mine had a slow leak and would do the same as you mention. Either that or you might have a busted seal letting air in to the line.

Nov. 16, 2015, 2:58 p.m.

@Brocklanders sounds like it's time for a tear down. If you want a recommendation, go see Dave at Bike Hub (http://www.bicyclehub.ca/), he did mine a couple of years ago and haven't needed anything since.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Nov. 16, 2015, 3:05 p.m.

Does the air stay in the chamber, or does it leak and go over time? Mine had a slow leak and would do the same as you mention. Either that or you might have a busted seal letting air in to the line.

No leaks that I know of.

Been a steady 250 psi for ages.

Nov. 16, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

Rebuild time.

I had something similar happen - according to Rock shox, it was a bent shaft…warrantied.

I'd recommend working through Dave at the Hub. He has rebuilt my reverb a few times and does quick/quality work.

-GOrd

Nov. 16, 2015, 6:32 p.m.

Ya cool fellas , thanks for the info

Nov. 16, 2015, 8:11 p.m.

Rebuild time.

I had something similar happen - according to Rock shox, it was a bent shaft…warrantied.

I'd recommend working through Dave at the Hub. He has rebuilt my reverb a few times and does quick/quality work.

-GOrd

I was given the same advice and contacted Dave, but rebuild kits are out of stock and it might be end of the month (ish) before they're available.

Just a FYI

Nov. 16, 2015, 10:10 p.m.

So has anyone experienced this? Reverb gets stuck in down position, During the ride it starts going up and down super slow, then just gets stuck.

Lubed it, Air is topped up. Just had it bled a little while ago.

Seems to be happening now it's a bit colder.

When I get home from work its pretty much a given it will be working fine, being in a warm environment.

Sound like a major service?

Cold does affect Reverbs especially the Stealth versions. After installation on my Nomad3 mine would stick down in cold weather ~5C and could easily wreck a ride.

I performed a really good bleed and it has been perfect since. To get a good bleed pass lots of fluid from syringe to syringe around 20 times and keep any eye out for bubbles to make sure they don't get pushed back in.

Nov. 16, 2015, 10:19 p.m.

Definitely do a thorough bleed before taking it to the shop. The control valve is definitely temperature sensitive, maybe because the oil contracts a bit in the cold. I had the opposite problem during the hot summer. My post wouldn't lock into position. A good bleed fixed it. Don't forget to open up the speed control before bleeding.

Nov. 17, 2015, 7:13 a.m.

Definitely do a thorough bleed before taking it to the shop. The control valve is definitely temperature sensitive, maybe because the oil contracts a bit in the cold. I had the opposite problem during the hot summer. My post wouldn't lock into position. A good bleed fixed it. Don't forget to open up the speed control before bleeding.

Yeah got home from work last night, pushed button, came up like nothing was wrong.
Will do a bleed and see what happens.

Also read that releasing the air completely and then pumping it back up while the button pushed down may do the trick.

Going to give that a try too.

Nov. 17, 2015, 10:15 a.m.

Sounds like it needs a bleed. I had a similar problem, seat just got slower and slower until it started sticking.

Remember to back the speed adjust all the way out to slow and make sure the lever is all the way out (pull it) before you put the lever bleed port plug in.

Nov. 17, 2015, 10:18 a.m.

if all that fails, Cruikshanks at Fluid Function in squamish would be your best bet for a rebuild, give you an excuse to ride squam too.

Nov. 17, 2015, 11:07 a.m.

if all that fails, Cruikshanks at Fluid Function in squamish would be your best bet for a rebuild, give you an excuse to ride squam too.

Thanks

Never need an excuse to ride Squam, It's a 40 minute drive to a pure mecca.
Looking to give the panda climb a check out.

cheers

Nov. 17, 2015, 12:18 p.m.

i had a problem w my reverb last year. it is an older one silver collar. there is a button under the seat at the top of the post. i pushed it (hard) and voila all was well again.

Nov. 17, 2015, 1:38 p.m.

^^ i don't buy anything nowadays that doesn't have a fix-it button

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40