Reverb Rebuild - local

Aug. 14, 2015, 8:10 a.m.

Folks,

Which is the best shop to get a reverb rebuilt locally (ideally in North Van) - price/turnaround time. Yesterday before I left for my ride (luckily), I noticed that it wouldn't hold air, could hear the air leaking as I tried to pump it up and a bit of oil around the shrader valve, so I'm guessing a blown seal or something.

Or should I head the route of Bicycle Hub or one of the local DIY places like Bicycle Room? I am pretty mechanically inclined, but suspension and the reverb kinda intimidates me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gord

Aug. 14, 2015, 8:39 a.m.

Not North Vancouver but http://www.fluid-function.com in Squamish is the place to take it to. Bike shops should be able to send it to them for a rebuild.

Aug. 14, 2015, 8:43 a.m.

http://www.bicyclehub.ca/

Dave does 2 or 3 of them a week… at least. Knows them inside and out.

:canada:

Aug. 14, 2015, 10:13 a.m.

Check with Steed, They changed the seals on my Reverb….not sure if that qualifies as a total rebuild but if they can change seals etc, they should be able to rebuild it.

I had it back in 24 hours.

Aug. 14, 2015, 11:25 a.m.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have sent a note to Dave at Bicycle Hub to see if he can help.

I may call Steed if I don't hear back today.

I just don't want to be stuck without the seatpost for weeks while it is sent out, hence the request for in-house rebuild.

-gord

Aug. 14, 2015, noon

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I have sent a note to Dave at Bicycle Hub to see if he can help.

I may call Steed if I don't hear back today.

I just don't want to be stuck without the seatpost for weeks while it is sent out, hence the request for in-house rebuild.

-gord

Dave is the man. But he's also on vacation until next week so I wouldn't expect an immediate reply.

Aug. 14, 2015, 12:32 p.m.

Dave is the man. But he's also on vacation until next week so I wouldn't expect an immediate reply.

Ah, that's helpful. Ok thanks, I will be more patient.

-Gord

Aug. 14, 2015, 12:33 p.m.

Sorry to slightly change the topic of this thread, but does Dave at Bicycle Hub also do KS posts?

Aug. 14, 2015, 1:02 p.m.

Sorry to slightly change the topic of this thread, but does Dave at Bicycle Hub also do KS posts?

Lambert seems to have cornered the small parts market so I think Dave would like to service them but can't get the parts. He's sent mine back to them for service when I've needed it.

Aug. 14, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

I had the exact same problem a couple months back, I heard Cove was doing in-house rebuilds but when I called they said they were sending to SRAM because it was faster (they must have been busy). I also checked with Dunbar (since I live close to them) and same story. Ended up warrantying it through the UK online retailer I bought it from and it was replaced with an entirely new retail unit with me only being out shipping and a 3.5 week wait.

Aug. 14, 2015, 9:03 p.m.

I had the exact same problem a couple months back, I heard Cove was doing in-house rebuilds but when I called they said they were sending to SRAM because it was faster (they must have been busy). I also checked with Dunbar (since I live close to them) and same story. Ended up warrantying it through the UK online retailer I bought it from and it was replaced with an entirely new retail unit with me only being out shipping and a 3.5 week wait.

Dunbar suspension tech broke his wrist, cracked elbow and dislocated his shoulder about 4 weeks ago. That's why it was being sent out but he's back wrenching now though. usually 24~48hr turn around