Reverb play at mid stroke

March 9, 2015, 12:20 a.m.

I've got a stealth reverb 150mm 31.6.

It's developed some play at mid stroke. The very top of the stroke seems to be okay.

I feel like this is a sign of things to come.

Is this something I can fix myself? Is it going to get worse?

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 9, 2015, 5:45 a.m.

I've got a stealth reverb 150mm 31.6.

It's developed some play at mid stroke. The very top of the stroke seems to be okay.

I feel like this is a sign of things to come.

Is this something I can fix myself? Is it going to get worse?

Every Reverb I've owned or worked on for friends has developed some play, but usually at the top of the strokeā€¦ might be time for some warranty TLC if its within the 2 year period. I just had a Reverb sent to Norco 2 weeks ago and they sent me a "brand" new one in return. Wasn't expecting that. And I turned around and sold it.

March 9, 2015, 11:36 a.m.

I should mention, the play is about an inch of of downward travel (and a little bit in other directions, which i think is normal)

Yeah, i may just warranty it and sell it. KS lev integra might be the right choice here.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

March 9, 2015, 1:36 p.m.

I should mention, the play is about an inch of of downward travel (and a little bit in other directions, which i think is normal)

Yeah, i may just warranty it and sell it. KS lev integra might be the right choice here.

I am waiting for the 9point8 fallline which ships in april. Have also warrantied multiple KS posts.

March 10, 2015, 1:57 p.m.

Sounds like you had some air pass through to the negative side. Any good shop can rebuild it for you or sell you the kit for DIY. Obviously go after the warranty first.

I've heard that the 2 biggest killers of the Reverb are storing it in the down position and picking the bike up by the saddle when the seatpost is compressed.

March 10, 2015, 2:11 p.m.

Or going to the Alps and above 3000m. That killed my Reverb at least four times. Then I got a brand new one, sold it. Have a Vecnum Moveloc with 170mm now - my favourite bikepart.

March 10, 2015, 3:06 p.m.

Steed does the full service including parts for about $140. 70 labour and 70 parts. Turn-around about a week to 10 days. I haven't gone yet, as my play isn't that bad, but phoned/emailed around to see who is authorized/able to do service locally without sending it to Norco. Steed seemed to win that one hands down.