Reverb F*** up

April 1, 2012, 10:45 a.m.

Enough of this negativity. They are a GAME CHANGER.

Sorry, keep forgetting.

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 1, 2012, 6:38 p.m.

Enough of this negativity. They are a GAME CHANGER.

Can't agree more I didn't hesitate in spending the money for the rebuild. Can't wait to get it back. hopefully it'll last!

April 4, 2012, 2:23 p.m.

My first Reverb purchased when they first came out (late 2010?) is still running perfectly (knock on wood)… only 2 bleeds required in a season and a half of riding. I have a second gen one sitting on my workbench but no bike to put it on at the moment.

My experience as well. My original is about a year and a half old and no issues. Bled it once when I cut the hose and replaced the hose when an idiot co-worker clamped it in a workstand. My second one (black collar/on another bike) works great as well.

April 4, 2012, 2:46 p.m.

According to the internet, there hasn't been a single dropper post work properly for any length of time. But the internet doesn't offer many stories of success in general.

My Gravity Dropper is flawless despite zero maintenance since i got it second hand 2 years ago. It even worked great in the minus 30 degree winter weather commuting in the snow in Calgary.

According to the internet.

April 4, 2012, 2:52 p.m.

It's almost like people forgot you can hop off your bike and lower your seat real quick!

April 4, 2012, 3:11 p.m.

My Gravity Dropper is flawless despite zero maintenance since i got it second hand 2 years ago. It even worked great in the minus 30 degree winter weather commuting in the snow in Calgary.

According to the internet.

but it's made from tent poles… whatever that means. This coming from the guy that used to run Jones bars, and dual-control.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

April 4, 2012, 4:10 p.m.

Enduro Collar. That is all.

What is an Enduro Collar?

April 4, 2012, 5:31 p.m.

What is an Enduro Collar?

Use the Googles.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/photos/rockshox-unveils-2012-range/176439

April 4, 2012, 5:33 p.m.

It's almost like people forgot you can hop off your bike and lower your seat real quick!

Some trails are much better with a dropper post. If all you do is ride up a fire road to drop back down, then they won't offer you much, but if you ride AM/XC, then they are necessary IMO.

April 4, 2012, 7:41 p.m.

I'd say that a rigid singlespeed is necessary. Everything else is a luxury and is only 'needed' if you literally want to keep up with the Jones.

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 4, 2012, 11:10 p.m.

but it's made from tent poles… whatever that means. This coming from the guy that used to run Jones bars, and dual-control.

"Has the fit and function of a spring loaded tent pole" is what I said. Go down to your local camping store and grab a tent/tarp support pole and give it a quick up/down and you'll see what I mean.

While we're holding various past product experiments and experiences against me, I also used to run a quill stem and cantilever brakes. I realize that my like for rigid bikes and singlespeeds renders my opinion null and void except of the odd similarly biased troglodyte.

What I meant to say in my post, which I chose to delete, is that I have seen a number of Gravity Dropper posts with issues as well, and some of those were as ride ending as a blown Reverb. My experiences with the turnaround for service, not to mention lost product, was beyond unacceptable (the worst of any Dropper Post company other then Crank Bros) to my customers and I would be beyond hesitant to recommend the product going forward.

I know a number of people who are very satisfied with the product, and I would agree that they are more reliable then other similar products (albeit with much longer service turnaround + lost product) and I have huge respect for anyone trying to make a go of it making product on their own (see Homebrew Components).

-D

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

April 5, 2012, 8:59 a.m.

I've snapped a GD seatpost in half and had other issues that kept me from completing a ride. They are not perfect by any means but still among the most reliable posts on the market. My Reverb has been the best of the bunch so far.

April 5, 2012, 12:34 p.m.

Dropper posts:

Game changer? Yes.

Unreliable? Yes.

Frustrating? Yes.

Expensive? Yes.

I run one as much as possible, it's amazing for my style of riding. I also keep a spare carbon post around for when it breaks. Spech. Command Post.

I'll never have another mountain bike without one if I can help it. Now why can't they make one that costs less and is reliable? It seems that the learning curve for suspension forks would apply to these as well…

April 5, 2012, 12:48 p.m.

This may seem obvious, but did you try to tighten the Schrader valve? That may not have been the problem - but perhaps it was. My first Reverb was a little sketchy before it was bled, but since then I've had nothing but sunshine.

My Gravity Dropper still works as well - but only after GD kept it for 10 months fixing it.

Enduro Collar looks like a good thing to toss into the pack for long adventures.

April 5, 2012, 8:37 p.m.

My Reverb is a truck load of awesome!

(I only have one ride on it though)