Repair stands

Dec. 28, 2006, 6:23 p.m.

For home use, You should buy this,

or this

ANd build yourself something to attach it to. THats what I plan on doing some day. If you build it right, or attatch it to the right object, it'll be rock solid, and those are the clamps virtualy all shops use. They work well for a reeeeaaaalllly long time.

THen get a less expensive one to take on the road. Like the ones mentioned above.

thinkin bout bikes

Dec. 28, 2006, 6:52 p.m.

I have the PCS-1 and love it. I use it all the time.

The only down side is that when you work on big DH bikes, things get a bit tippy with the folding legs. Not a real big deal, just have to think about what you are doing prior to positioning the bike.

Excellent price and an excellent investment in keeping you 2-wheeled babies running great.

"Walk a mile in another man's shoes. Then, you'll be a mile away from him and have his shoes."

http://www.valleyvetservices.com
www.vmta.ca

Dec. 28, 2006, 7:15 p.m.

PCS 1 is a bit unstable for sure. I would get something else if I were starting again. Although it is pretty portable.

www.joemamma.ca
www.intensecycles.com

Dec. 29, 2006, 6:19 a.m.

I know it wasn't in your list but have you looked at the PCS-11? It's stable enough for big bikes and has a nice clamp. Doesn't weigh much and folds down nice. Not sure if it's in your price range though.

Review: http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/park-pcs-11/

Dec. 29, 2006, 6:39 a.m.

I've got the PCS-9. It works. I won't say it works super great but it gets the job done. All it takes is a little thinking about the weight of the bike and the positioning… if you're not careful you can end up knocking your bike/the stand over or having difficulties.

Dec. 29, 2006, 8:09 a.m.

I prefer the bench mount style the chuck suggested

Th only issue I have with it is you can't always clamp onto the frame (depends on the bike) as the jaws don't open very wide.

Dec. 29, 2006, 8:15 a.m.

Buy once buy right

I got the pro quality park bench mount and a wheel truing stand from a bike store that was closing down .with a length of pipe you can extend that sucker all over the place ,right now mine is inb a very enclosed area bolted to an overhed beam

Dec. 29, 2006, 8:40 a.m.

I was given an old Park stand and it's not ideal, the head will swivel around with an unstable load, and you cannot tighten it enough to stop. The QR clamp is nice though, much better than the crappy screw types.
If you work on bikes a lot, paying extra to get the nicer tools is a great investment.

Dec. 29, 2006, 11:30 a.m.

Thanks for the help guys! Doesn't sound like Pedro's is very popular. I have always been a fan of Park Tool and this just confirms that I am not alone.