Removing Totem lowers?

Aug. 5, 2007, 1:18 p.m.

Anyone got a step by step guide?

There is nothing on the SRAM website about removing them [HTML_REMOVED] I want to get the seals out to check all is ok (have started leaking after 2 weeks abuse in France).

Thanks.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Aug. 5, 2007, 2:51 p.m.

copy/paste from a previous post:

Originally Posted by james
removing lowers:

Unscrew bottom bolts halfway, with a rubber mallet hit both the bolts to release the damper shafts from the bottom, remove lowers.

To re-install simply slide lowers back on to stanchions (careful not to damage the seals) tighten bolts and then add oil thru speed lube port.

you fork is in need of lubrication. Forks can sometimes come out of the factory without the right amount (read here without sometimes) of oil in the lowers. Take your lowers off, clean the seals properly, apply a generous coat of judy butter to fill the gap between the two seals, then put back together and put 20 ml of 15wt oil in each side of the lowers (by the bottom) you'll be good to go in no time and the fork will stay nice and fresh for a long time!

Cheers

Aug. 6, 2007, 3:22 p.m.

Look here for the 2007 rockshox tech manual. It includes lower leg removal for all fork models:

http://www.sram.com/en/service/rockshox/view.php?catID=5[HTML_REMOVED]subcatID=1

Its a 6Mb download for basically the instructions already provided in the post above. Its my first attempt at posting a link; hope it works.

Aug. 6, 2007, 9:07 p.m.

removing lowers:

Unscrew bottom bolts halfway, with a rubber mallet hit both the bolts to release the damper shafts from the bottom, remove lowers.

To re-install simply slide lowers back on to stanchions (careful not to damage the seals) tighten bolts and then add oil thru speed lube port.

you fork is in need of lubrication. Forks can sometimes come out of the factory without the right amount (read here without sometimes) of oil in the lowers. Take your lowers off, clean the seals properly, apply a generous coat of judy butter to fill the gap between the two seals, then put back together and put 20 ml of 15wt oil in each side of the lowers (by the bottom) you'll be good to go in no time and the fork will stay nice and fresh for a long time!

Cheers

Thanks for the input. I was looking to sevice mine also. Acording to sram oil volume charts upper legs also have oil also, right- 137cc, left- 6cc. you did not mention this. I wish sram had better info though. BTW I have a solo air

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 7, 2007, 1:10 a.m.

Cheers for your help guys, got a few more questions now i've had them apart.

The seals have what appears to be an outer that sits on the top of the lowers [HTML_REMOVED] an inner that sits underneath. How much grease should be packed between the two? So its literally stuffed full? Or just a generous helping?

Mine were in a pretty sh*t state overall, but then they have been on there since last year with zero maintenance. I've cleaned them up [HTML_REMOVED] reoiled so i'll see how I get on with with before buying new seals.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Aug. 7, 2007, 7:51 a.m.

Thanks for the input. I was looking to sevice mine also. Acording to sram oil volume charts upper legs also have oil also, right- 137cc, left- 6cc. you did not mention this. I wish sram had better info though. BTW I have a solo air

you only need the 137cc and 6cc if taking the upper leg assembley apart, otherwise just use the speedlube port to add the 20cc to each lower leg for lubrication

a generous smear of judy butter normally works well :)

Mythic / Da Kine / Esher Shore / Freeborn

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/

Aug. 7, 2007, 9:20 a.m.

you only need the 137cc and 6cc if taking the upper leg assembley apart, otherwise just use the speedlube port to add the 20cc to each lower leg for lubrication

a generous smear of judy butter normally works well :)

Thanks, as my solo air has bottomed a couple of times a little too hard I want to do a compleate change. and i want to do it myself. Do i just take off the top caps and re and re the oil.

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 7, 2007, 12:46 p.m.

The instructions above were only for the removal of the lowers.

The fork does have oil in the stanchions. For the mission control it requires 137cc's of 5wt oil (never put anything thicker) the solo air has 6 cc's of oil and in the negative it has 3cc's of oil (10wt oil works good). You should put a good amount of grease but too much either.

easy vape review

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Aug. 7, 2007, 7:12 p.m.

removing lowers:

Cheers

I still want to change my cartrige oil. Can someone please give me more specific instructions as I dont want to F anything up. Do I have to remove the dampner knobs. How do i get the dampner knobs off. I've turned the hex screw on the top of the knobs but the screw stops both ways. How do I get the rebound knob off the bottom. If I get the dampner knobs off can I just unscrew the cartrige. does the cartrige come out the top or the bottom of the tubes.

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 7, 2007, 7:13 p.m.

The instructions above were only for the removal of the lowers.

The fork does have oil in the stanchions. For the mission control it requires 137cc's of 5wt oil (never put anything thicker) the solo air has 6 cc's of oil and in the negative it has 3cc's of oil (10wt oil works good). You should put a good amount of grease but too much either.

I've already posted this info but thanks anyway

Chainsmoker 8)

Aug. 8, 2007, 5:04 a.m.

The tech manual in the link I posted previously contains sections on mission control damper service, and solo air spring service for the totem. Is that not what you are looking for?

Aug. 8, 2007, 8:33 a.m.

The tech manual in the link I posted previously contains sections on mission control damper service, and solo air spring service for the totem. Is that not what you are looking for?

Dont know how i missed that on their site. thanks

Chainsmoker 8)